• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:18:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

It's Hump Day Once Again

Started by wsantia1, May 13, 2020, 06:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I hope everybody is well this Wednesday. After a good night's sleep I feel refreshed and ready to go. Unfortunately I have nowhere to go.

Well I do have an appointment at 11:00 am at the local Rite Aid pharmacy for my Covid-19 test but that's it. They are giving free screening for anyone over 18. You just have to register online.

It is currently 45 degrees and it will be getting up to 65 F with plenty of sunshine and no precip.. The best part is that the winds will be down to 5 to 10 mph. That is considerably lower than we've had in recent days.

This morning's coffee was great. When I went to get a "second" cup I realized that I already drank the second cup.  huh I did not get a third cup.  :-[
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, let us know what the test later today is like?  Swab up the nose?  How much do they charge you or is it free?  It was another cold night here, in the 40's.  I planted a lot of flowers yesterday, hope they did ok out there.  Will see soon.  I have lots to do today, as usual, so I will see you all later here.
Barb

Ron Sower

...well, it's good to see that you east coasters are up and at 'em today...!  I'm up early to be ready for a fellow to drop some stuff off for me on his way to work today...

...it's chilly this time of day at 67...sun is coming up and we shouldn't have any clouds as it reaches a high temp of 87 today and a muggy 17% humidity...

...the guv'ner has lifted some restrictions this week...Stan, Barb, Lucy and I are going to go get lunch out, visit a nursery, and a LFS today...I'm not that excited about running around just because we can...like I may have mentioned previously, I've learned I could live the life of a hermit - I think...

...so far, I think the pain in my back this morning is from the muscles that the needles went thru yesterday...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm slow getting going to day but only out of laziness.  I'll do WC on the office tanks and re pot my ferns.  Next on my list is to clean out the chicken house and start a new compost heap with the poop and shavings.  I'll need to buy more shavings first.  Oh, almost forgot.  I need to go pick up pain drugs at the drug store.  Might as well get the shavings while I'm out.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on May 13, 2020, 07:50:45 AM
Good morning Willie, let us know what the test later today is like?  Swab up the nose?  How much do they charge you or is it free?  It was another cold night here, in the 40's.  I planted a lot of flowers yesterday, hope they did ok out there.  Will see soon.  I have lots to do today, as usual, so I will see you all later here.
Barb

I went and got the test and it was in a drive through where the medics talked you through doing a self swab while in your car. The test was free and I was lucky in that the only Rite Aid doing it in Delaware in less than a mile away from me.

THe testing was very quick and the people were super helpful. Aside from some discomfort in putting the swab up your nose it was painless. I will get the results back in two days. It is a snapshot in time so regardless of the results I will continue to wear my mask.
Willie

Barb

Thanks Willie, not too bad I see.  Like you I will continue to wear masks and social distance and use my hand sani as soon as I get in the car.  I may continue this for a long time.  Most people around here are all masked up out in public, and we have only about 50 cases in our county, with 4 deaths. Other parts of NC have way more  than we do here.  Maybe the ocean air helps us here??  We are 30 mi. inland.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on May 13, 2020, 03:16:12 PM
Thanks Willie, not too bad I see.  Like you I will continue to wear masks and social distance and use my hand sani as soon as I get in the car.  I may continue this for a long time.  Most people around here are all masked up out in public, and we have only about 50 cases in our county, with 4 deaths. Other parts of NC have way more  than we do here.  Maybe the ocean air helps us here??  We are 30 mi. inland.
Barb

We have the least amount of cases in Delaware in our county. The county to our south Sussex has the most cases because they have the chicken processing plants. Unfortunately the main beach Rehoboth is also in that county.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I'm going to the dentist on Monday.  I don't like the idea of having his hands in my mouth but I'll have to take the risk at some point.  I've decided to get it over with now. 

It's just Wed. and I am still debating over whether or not I should cancel my appointment.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 13, 2020, 07:05:18 PM
I'm going to the dentist on Monday.  I don't like the idea of having his hands in my mouth but I'll have to take the risk at some point.  I've decided to get it over with now. 

It's just Wed. and I am still debating over whether or not I should cancel my appointment.

I wish my dentist could have seen me. I lost a crown that came off about a month ago. They scheduled an appointment for me and then canceled it. In the interim I lost the crown.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 13, 2020, 07:05:18 PM

....buck up and git'r'dun, Liz |^| w!w w!w w!w...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

My crown it in the front so I can't look other than hideous with out it.  I saved mine but I doubt that he can cement it back in.  If I can afford it I need to have a tooth of some kind in it's place.  I'm a smiler.  I don't want to drive people off when I smile.