• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:25:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 136
Total: 137

Birthday Thursday

Started by Barb, May 14, 2020, 08:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi all, not mine, but my mom's.  She is 96 today!  And quite healthy, sure hope I have her excellent genes in me.  I am going over to pick her up, and take her out to lunch.  Panera Bread for drive thru, then take it to the park at our big river to eat next to the water.  It is a wonderful place.  I will get Bill all set to be alone at home for a couple hrs.  I will be only 6 mi. away. Hope you all have a good day!
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on May 14, 2020, 08:25:04 AM
Hi all, not mine, but my mom's.  She is 96 today!  And quite healthy, sure hope I have her excellent genes in me.  I am going over to pick her up, and take her out to lunch.  Panera Bread for drive thru, then take it to the park at our big river to eat next to the water.  It is a wonderful place.  I will get Bill all set to be alone at home for a couple hrs.  I will be only 6 mi. away. Hope you all have a good day!
Barb

Happy Birthday to your mom Barb. 96 wow!!! God bless her. I hope you guys have a great day. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

It's been a beautiful day here so far. Sunny, warm (71) and very little wind. The landscapers came by and cleaned out my old mulch and weeds and prepped the flowerbeds for a new mulch application tomorrow. They have done a great job so far.

At the moment I am acclimating some beautiful blue shrimp that I got from Liz. Soon they will be able to play in their new tank that has no current occupants. As the colony grows I will move them into a nice 20L that is sitting in the corner gathering dusk.

I thought I was scaling down this operation down but it seems that during this shutdown I have put up more than a couple of tanks. I actually still have 2 new 75 gallon tanks sitting on the floor. The labels have not even been pulled off. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...I guess today I'm making up for being on early several days!! :D :D :D...slept late because I was up early and then back to sleep...

...paid all the bills...actually set some of them up for autopay which took some time but will save time in the future...

...received the application from the potential renters and have been going over it...

...then I decided to attach the new intake and output stems to the Sunsun that I got in yesterday and realized I ordered the set for the 304b and own the 303b...so I'm returning it and have ordered the right one and it should be here tomorrow... I love Amazon!  |^| |^| |^|

...next I set up the Eheim that I took off the Congo tank and put it on the Cichlid tank.., had to cut away some of the backing in the credenza so I could reach the tubes through...all's good now!... |^| |^|

...Willie...you're having a relapse of MTS, maybe?...

...happy birthday to your Mom, Barb!...that's a respectful age for sure...just think of all the things she's seen come and go in this world!...

...time to go help Lucy put din-din together... wish I had some of your cheesecake here, Liz! |eat| |eat| |eat|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I didn't drop of the face of the earth.  I was just lazy as sin today.  I did do a nice elderly dog for a nice elderly lady this morning.  Aside from that I mostly just admired the lovely place I live and admiring the little things I've done to make it nicer.

It was a hoot watching the chicks at their bed time this evening after sundown.  They no longer want to go to their nice house to sleep.  These Bielefelders are like no other breed of chicken I've owned.  When they said that this breed is bred to survive in a free range situation they weren't joking.  My rooster flew up into a tree to roost.  Once the pullets saw him up there they wanted to go up there with him.  8 of them succeeded. The others kept trying and failing until it got good and dark and I was able to herd them into their pen.
Always move forward. Never look back.