• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 09:04:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 133
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 89
Total: 89

Good day on Tuesday

Started by Barb, May 12, 2020, 05:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Mornin' all, I am up early so thought I would start this off.  Bill has a Dr. appt. this morning at 8 so I had to get up at 6.  It is cold this morning, very unusual for eastern NC in mid May.  I still don't have any tomato plants out yet, and glad I don't.  Way too cold for them.  I know, I know, I will be complaining of heat and humidity in a month or less.  You can remind me I was cold on May 12  |brr|.  Have a good day!
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. I am a bit ahead of schedule today. Getting ready to go downstairs to start my water changes.

It is cold here this morning also Barb with the wake up temp at 41 degrees. We are now up to 51 and going up to 60 but with the wind gusting up to 25 mph it won't feel like it.

No rain in the forecast for the next few days and the temps will get to an early summer like 80+ over the weekend.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning all.  It's another beautiful sunny one today.  Not too hot in the afternoon, not too chilly in the afternoon.  When summer finally hits I will have nothing to complain about.

I have shrimp to send off, the supermarket to go to, then I'll be making cheesecake ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...hello folks....cereal was good today...it's a nice 83 right now with a predicted high of 92 with sunshine...however, humidity is up!...it's 12% right now... :D

...played cards all afternoon and after dinner...finished another book last nite before going to bed...

...meeting a potential 12 month renter at 11am...then going to the pain doc this afternoon to get RFA in the back...burn those nerves, baby! |^|...after that I'll drop off some bloody mary shrimp at my LFS...

...busy day ahead...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

As well as the stuff I had on my list I realized I needed potting soil and one of those rectangular concrete pads with raised sides that makes the water from your down spout run farther away from your slab.  The skinny young man who loaded it for me just picked it up like it was nothing and loaded it for me.  I thought that may be is it wasn't as heavy as it looked.  I got it home and that SOB must have weighed twice what it looked like it should.  I will not be defeated.  I'm sure I grunted and groaned but I lifted it out of the car and managed to put it in place.  It made the large bag of damp potting soil weigh next to nothing.

I'm having a nice sit down now.  I'll feed the fish, take my pain drugs, sit with a beer and throw the to the chickens every day.  It's great fun so see them spy and scarf the live meal worms that I mix with a bunch of scratch and a handful of black oil sunflower seeds.  Then I should feel well enough to make cheesecake.  If it's as good as it sounds I'll post the recipe.

Ron Sower

...met with the potential renters...He's a bounty hunter!...and has a handyman contractor's license...They liked one of our places...I'll talk to them tomorrow about the terms...

...the RFA went well...I should b able to tell tomorrow if he got the right nerv....

...took the bloody marys over and he had some nice plants that we traded at cost... good deal..
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good for you, Ron.  I think I'd keep an eye on someone who claimed to be a bounty hunter.

Moving that piece of heavy concrete messed me up for the entire day, dang it.  I made my cheese cake.  It was much better than your average cheesecake but not nearly as good as you get in a New Your deli.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 13, 2020, 05:57:34 AM
Good for you, Ron.  I think I'd keep an eye on someone who claimed to be a bounty hunter.
...I'll be checking it out with the local authorities...He does wear a Federal badge...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

You mean "it appears to be a federal badge".  Smart of you to have him checked out.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 13, 2020, 09:32:42 AM
You mean "it appears to be a federal badge".  Smart of you to have him checked out.
|^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron