• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:26:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 157
Total: 158

I breed Rainbow fish

Started by LizStreithorst, May 09, 2020, 08:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

A week ago I put a pair of Bosemi in a 65 full of plants.  I never did see them doing the dance but decided yesterday that they'd had enough time in there, perhaps I'd just missed the deed so I moved them back to the 125 with all the other Rainbows.

This morning while I was feeding, I saw dots swimming around in the 65.  The pair had spawned after all and I had baby fish.  I don't know if they eat green water, but I gave them some as well as some BBS.  I think I saw several hunting but they swim with jerky movements anyway so it was hard to tell.  If not, they'll have to survive on the micro organisms  on the plant leaves and roots.

Next I'll try a pair of reds.  They're always doing the dance in the 125.  I have 3 pearl gourami and an Australian Rainbow in a 29 that are large enough to move.  But there is one little, possibly a Rainbow of some kind that's still too small to be moved.  After it grows a big enough for me to be able to tell what it is, I'll move it to the appropriate tank and give the tank to the Reds.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Congrats to you on those rainbow fry Liz. Wishing you the best with them. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Wow, that's great Liz!  I love Bosemanis, I would even set up a Rainbow tank for some.  Good luck with them!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Thanks folks.  It's time to give them their afternoon meal.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

How are they doing Liz?  Any more eggs yet?
Barb

LizStreithorst

They're doing well.  I can't tell how many I have yet because although they're growing they're still small and they hide in among the plant leaves and roots.