• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:05:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 150
Total: 150

Happy Friday Again

Started by wsantia1, May 08, 2020, 10:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Hi everyone. It's Friday once again and I woke up to a great cup of coffee and beautiful sunshine. It is currently 61 degrees and will get up to 63 early this afternoon.

In the later part of the afternoon there will be a different story as the clouds move in and it begins to at 3:00 pm and that will last the rest of the day.

In addition to that, the temps will crash down to 35 degrees later tonight. There is also a slight chance that we may see some snow flurries with all of that activity.

I am relaxing today and will probably just do water changes on my fry tanks. 

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, snow??  You and we have equally strange cold weather it seems.  They still say Sat. night will be 36 here.  Sure glad I didn't plant tomatoes yet.   I have some plants I will be covering up though.  But it is sunny now, though cool.   Another busy day for me after spending some time at the hosp. this morning for a test. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

Morning friends.  I did a dog at 10 and planned to go to the grocery store before the rain was supposed to come in at 1.  But the rain came a couple hours early so I'll just go tomorrow.  I still have managed to put off the closet and fish room cleaning but I may not have an excuse to put it off any longer.  I when I realized the extent of the disaster the closet was, it kind of freaked me out enough to make me decide to break my back and pocket book buying and spreading mulch.

This morning before the customer came I sprinkled cotton seed meal on the on top of the mulch.  Worms really love that stuff.  It contains protein.  It brings them up and they start eating the cotton seed enriched mulch and that makes the mulch turn into compost which turns into soil.  This fall, after the anuals die I'll dig it into the soil and add more cotton seed meal.  Some of the dirt in that garden is fairly good but some of it it still mostly clay.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...weather sounds freaky in some of your areas...today we're at 91 now and should get to 100 later at RH 8%...we have some clouds but no rain forecast...

...Yesterday was a long day...left at 10.45 got home around 7.30...got a lot of stuff done though...including the trip to the LFS...

...Lucy got in a little shopping at Target while I waited in the car with my phone and met a friend who brought me some frozen bloodworms he gets at the distributor through his friend's aquarium business license...saves a bit of $$$$... :D

...took a bunch of books back to the library at the old homestead in Florence and picked up 3 others to read...

...this morning I think I'll do a water change in the cichlid tank...it's been cloudy and I may need to put on another filter...

...I believe we're supposed to play cards this afternoon...need to check with Lucy who is having her morning coffee outside right now...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron