• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 06:49:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 126
Total: 127

Good morning on a lovely Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, May 07, 2020, 08:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hi friends.  Nothing on the slate today but shovel 3 scoops (a full Charlotte load) on to my gardens.  I'm even going to do the ones I won't be getting around to planting this year.  It looks better than plain dirt with weeds growing in it.  I can't believe I spent $120. on mulch alone, this year.  It will be worth it if I can make this place look loved.  I don't know whether or not my back will be able to handle the full load, but I'll give it my best shot.

What's up with y'all today?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Good morning Muggers!  8) 8) 8)

...Woke up at 5...tossed for an hour and decided to get on up...it's 73 now and going to 103 and 6% RH...sunny too!...on this day over the last  30 years it has rained 3 times and the record temp was 101 in 2009...and average high temp was 90...

...decided to hold off going to Florence yesterday since we have to go sign the closing docs on the rental we're selling...the appointment is this morning... ...after signing we'll do the photos we need and say hi to a couple people there, then go by the LFS to get my new fish that came in...

...yesterday afternoon i got an appointment set for next Tuesday to have a radio frequency ablation (RFA) done on nerves in my lower back...that should hold me for a few months...I've had it before...helps with the pain....

...I guess the day will have a few more things in store for us, but that's the fun of it...just taking it as it comes along...!

...I miss Jon here and I know the rest of you do too...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Mornin' Liz, Ron and later on Willie and maybe Dennis.  It is sunny here which is nice, but cold, only 55 now.  This is most unusual. Sat. eve is to be in the 30's!!! |brr|  What is up with this?  A whole lot of tender flowers and veggies won't make it in that cold. I have nothing tender planted yet.  My goldfish may go back into hibernation??  Have a good day everyone, I will try to here.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on May 07, 2020, 10:14:42 AM
Mornin' Liz, Ron and later on Willie and maybe Dennis.  It is sunny here which is nice, but cold, only 55 now.  This is most unusual. Sat. eve is to be in the 30's!!! |brr|  What is up with this?  A whole lot of tender flowers and veggies won't make it in that cold. I have nothing tender planted yet.  My goldfish may go back into hibernation??  Have a good day everyone, I will try to here.
Barb

...growing up we always called this time and weather Blackberry Winter...that's when the blackberries use to bloom back in Va...if yours aren't blooming now, i bet they soon will be...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I've heard it called that too.  Kind of the opposite of indian summer...

I finished up my mulching and still need one more load to put the last bit on one and start and finish the other.  Dang!  I never thought I'd spend all my money on mulch.  Some time I'd like to do around the trees as well but not right now.  My back hurts but it's pain is not the kind of pain that makes me have to lie flat on my back for a while.

Ron, I've though about asking my family doctor might help me, but I haven't had to go to the doctor for a while.  I know one person it didn't help at all.  I don't know if the co-pay will be so much that it's not worth taking the chance as long as I'm getting around pretty well.  I sure am doing a lot better now than I was back when I had to close my shop.  Who'd have thought that grooming dogs, which I love,  would be the reason I'm suffering. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. I've been running errand this morning and the time has been flying by. I went into Lowe's and they were having a garden sale so it was packed. I also stopped at Wally World on the way home and trust me, I won't be going back there anytime soon.

I also stopped by the Petco to pick up a 10G as a spare holding tank. It only cost 10 bucks with is only a couple of dollars more than a sterilite container of similar size.

It is currently 63 degrees and sunny with wind gust up to 25 mph. It's all downhill from here as the temps start going down into the 30s by tomorrow night and it will remain cold through Sunday. There will rain and maybe snow to the north of us but I doubt it.

The coffee was very good this morning and I may have an afternoon cup to keep me away from a nap.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.