• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:35:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 149
Total: 150

Made it to Sunday

Started by Barb, May 03, 2020, 08:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning, it is sunny now, going up to 84, no rain in sight.  Hope it will be a good day for all of us.  Got lots to do today, will see how it goes.  How are all of you?
Barb

LizStreithorst

lBeautiful here too, Barb.  High 86 for us.  I'm about to get dressed and finally geting out early before it gets hot and do my lovely mow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...86 now....going to 94....11% RH now....no clouds til Wednesday...

...Hi all!...things seem good here today...so far...getting ready for the virtual meeting at 2 this afternoon...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I mowed for 3 hrs.  That's enough.  I'm glad the mower ran out of gas when it did.  I don't have to feel any guilt about watching chickens for as long as I want.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. I've been busy trying to catch up on things I put aside while I was having issues While it has been cloudy all day so far, it is currently 67 degrees and going up to 70F. Rain will move in tonight.

I am taking a break from culling and moving fish. I hate culling but it is a necessary evil. This is going to be a strict cull because I have no room for slow growers or fish that I hope will turn into something. By nature I am a lousy culler.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 03, 2020, 12:10:49 PM
Good afternoon everyone. I've been busy trying to catch up on things I put aside while I was having issues While it has been cloudy all day so far, it is currently 67 degrees and going up to 70F. Rain will move in tonight.

I am taking a break from culling and moving fish. I hate culling but it is a necessary evil. This is going to be a strict cull because I have no room for slow growers or fish that I hope will turn into something. By nature I am a lousy culler.  huh
...it's a hard thing to do to your little ones!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I hate making myself start but I've found that the more poor quality ones you remove the better the remaining fish look.  It's easier to do it when they are very young for the first cull. 

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 03, 2020, 02:22:57 PM
I hate making myself start but I've found that the more poor quality ones you remove the better the remaining fish look.  It's easier to do it when they are very young for the first cull.

I agree that it's easier the younger they are. There were some no brainers like missing ventral fins and belly sliders but not many of those. 
Willie

LizStreithorst

I have found that the slow growers rarely catch up.  It happens sometimes but it's not the normal thing.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 03, 2020, 05:48:52 PM
I have found that the slow growers rarely catch up.  It happens sometimes but it's not the normal thing.
...agreed...I have a couple Plat-blue-pearlscales that came from your line, Liz....and one developed Camalanus worms, of which I ridded him, but his growth was stunted during that time and he's not caught up to the other one...stays just a smidgen behind...I've seen it in other fishes too...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Lordy, Lordy, I mowed over half of what I intend to keep mowed,  My wooded area by the chicken can stay weedy.  It was a whole lot and I'll tell you one thing, I won't feel the energy and will to to the rest for several days.  I have so many ruts and holes and root's it's a lot of work.  I'm surprised that I don't hurt, just tired.  I give the mower a work out, too.  The poor thing was never meant to be a bush hog.  My WC is done, and all I want now is for the sun to go down so I'm sure that the chicks are safe and snug inside their little house.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 03, 2020, 05:48:52 PM

Yep, most of my cull were the slow growers. I don't know how I missed mentioning those. Perhaps because some of those that were missing ventrals were looking really good otherwise and it kind of upset me that I had to do away with those. huh
Willie