• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 04:18:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

Saturday doings...

Started by Ron Sower, April 11, 2020, 12:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...what's going on with you guys today?...

...I have nothing planned except paying a few bills...

...putzing with my tanks...

...doing a few small fix-it things...

...oh yeh!...going to finish making our candied lemon peels...a neighbor gave us 16 huge lemons from her tree across the street yesterday...I extracted all the juice I could from them, removed the pulp from the rind, and sliced the rinds into long thin pieces...next we boiled them 2 times in water and drained, then simmered them in sugar water...we drained the sugar water and laid them out on cookie cooling grids to dry...this morning I'm going to roll and coat them in sugar...as they age they dry out a little more...I love them in my Jack Daniels on the rocks...super good with the Gentleman Jack and Single Barrel...(when I can afford those!)...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Ron, those sure sound good!  Want to sell me a little bag full?  I can paypal...
Barb ;D

LizStreithorst

It started out chilly this morning but it has turned into a magnificent day.  I should be mowing or doing something productive but I'm just going to enjoy the day instead.

I stocked up on horse feed, dog food, and black oil sunflower seeds.  Then on to the head shop for another bottle of Kradom, and from there to my LPS where I dropped off some fish and shrimp.  On the way home I stopped at the cheap gas place and filled up the tank for $10.  It's $1.19 a gallon there.  Can you imagine that?

I put on a pot of red bean with spicy Cajun sausage.  I used a recipe from a lady who has an African background this time.  Boy oh boy is it ever full of favor and spicy.  I got to use the fresh thyme from my garden.  Yesterday I made tabbouleh with my own fresh parsley and mint.  I love to have fresh spices right here.  They're expensive to buy fresh and I never use the full container before the stuff goes bad and is only good for the compost heap.  That's such a waste.

I sat by the chicken house for a while and fed the chickens their treat of scratch and live meal worms.  My chicks are in and out of their house and enjoying life.  It makes me feel good all over when my animals are happy. 

After lunch/dinner I'll take a little lie down for my back and then it will be time for a WC.

Barb, give me a call when you're home and not busy.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...got my last finishing touches on the hardscape pieces to go into my tank now...

...and we started a second batch of candied lemon peels..! |eat|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

I didn't do much as I'm trying to ease my way back into doing fishroom stuff. At the moment I feel stiff but not much pain. I'm like a slow moving train at the moment.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

But at least you are moving Willie, that is most important.  Slow is fine. 
Barb