• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:56:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 132
Total: 133

Hump day

Started by Barb, April 08, 2020, 09:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing fine and keeping busy.  I know Liz is busy as always.  I had to go get med for bill and do some grocery shopping, all masked and gloved up.  Most people are now.  And the stores are almost empty.  They are so well stocked with Easter stuff, none being sold.  But still no TP anywhere.  People must be eating it or something.  Also paper towels, napkins and Kleenex are almost impossible to find too.  What is with paper now????? huh
Barb

LizStreithorst

Morning, Barb.  I heard a story on my local public radio station about a guy who is out of work but who has a friend that is working overtime.  The factory where he works is going 24/7.  They make toilet paper.

All I've done so far is animal chores and put a load of dishes in the dishwasher.  But in 10 minutes I'll be headed out to the chicken house to tackle the fencing job.  No more fencing for me after that for the rest of my life, I hope.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...good morning guys and gals...we're starting into a cold spell...temp today will only hit 78, but it's still a sunny day....next few days will be in the 70s...

...Liz...for 13 years I worked for a paper distribution company...one of the things I learned is that paper mills pretty much always run 24/7...it's too expensive to shut down and restart the HUGE paper machines...they lose thousands of dollars a minute when that happens...one time they had us managers meet at a toilet tissue factory in Alabama somewhere...HUUUUUUUGE operation...I used to have several paper mills in my various territories when I was a salesman...everyone ran 24/7...and they are all huge...

...we're having the fellow that did all our awning and screening work while we lived in Florence, come by today and help us decide how to screen in part of our carport...might put in a sliding door too...gotta make this place ours.... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Well, who knew?  Except you who worked in the industry. 

I'm sure that once the experts help you figure it out you'll do pretty work.  When I do stuff like that, it works but it is never pretty.

I'm doing my main fencing with sturdy fence.  What I'm wrestling with now is using chicken wire around the bottom of the building so the chicks can't get out and escape from under their house.  I swear, it there is any conceivable way a chick can get out it will.  I thought that this would be the easiest part because chicken wire is light.  But it involves an awful lot of bending my back.  I just took my afternoon pain meds, but it takes a little while for them to start working so I'm taking a break now.

My T posts are in.  Turns out I'll only need 5 because I'll be using the better quality fencing for most of the work.  I guess it's best to save the easiest part for last.  I thought the job was small and it would get done today, but I'm afraid that it might take a day longer.  All my projects take twice as long as I think they will, but I always manage to get them done. 

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 08, 2020, 12:22:51 PM
Well, who knew?  Except you who worked in the industry.   |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

fence done.  Chicken house door open.  Waiting for the chicks to venture outside.  Chickens are chicken.  They're not going to go out until they're good and ready.  But they have to figure it out themselves.  If I were to shoo them out they panic and have a hard time finding their way in.  I swear those little buggers can be so smart and so stupid at the same time.