• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 11:51:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 140
Total: 141

Upsetting experience

Started by Barb, April 04, 2020, 04:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Today I finally went out grocery shopping and wore a mask.  I have wanted to before but didn't.  Now we hear it can help.  And I have to make sure I don't catch a thing to bring to Bill or my mom.  So I did it.  Later I wore it to a gas station.  A young POS guy came right up to me, coughed on me, then got in his truck where he and his POS friend had a good laugh at me.  Bill told me to ignore them.  But it hit me hard, expecially since I go out of my way always to be kind and helpful to others.  But I do believe in Karma so I hope they will get what they deserve.  It ruined my afternoon for some reason.
Barb :(

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

ghonk

The kind of asshole that gets the virus  and ends up killing off family members and friends.

Or how about the dumbass preachers that insist on having services,claiming it's just the government  trying to  take away their religion.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Babers

Karma...you're right about that. They are the reason why this virus is still here. Glad you wore that mask.
Joel

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on April 04, 2020, 04:25:44 PM
Today I finally went out grocery shopping and wore a mask.  I have wanted to before but didn't.  Now we hear it can help.  And I have to make sure I don't catch a thing to bring to Bill or my mom.  So I did it.  Later I wore it to a gas station.  A young POS guy came right up to me, coughed on me, then got in his truck where he and his POS friend had a good laugh at me.  Bill told me to ignore them.  But it hit me hard, expecially since I go out of my way always to be kind and helpful to others.  But I do believe in Karma so I hope they will get what they deserve.  It ruined my afternoon for some reason.
Barb :(

What POS those guys are. Karma will get to them somehow. I had someone cough in the my direction in the store yesterday and he was obviously sick. I had my back turned to him when he did it so I have no idea how close he was to me when he coughed. Like you though I thought about it all afternoon. When I got home I put what I was wearing in the washer and jumped in the shower.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ghonk

My brother went to the hospital a couple weeks ago because of trouble breathing,and spent the night for observation because of past heart problems,and was not offered a test  even though his temp was almost 103.

Now about 3-4 days ago his wife is sick,both went to the clinic and they wouldn't test EITHER one for the virus.

Said my brother likely has it but his temp is lower then when he was in the hospital so  he's almost over it.

And wouldn't test his wife because she didn't have a high temp,even though she has  breathing problems.
I guess it's  go to the hospital once it gets worse   and you might have better luck.

So much for ANYONE can get a test.

RIDICULOS

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Barb

Yep, tough times for all.  And these hard times make bad people even worse.  I will concentrate on all the good folks.  Time like this really shows people's true character, right?
Barb

LizStreithorst

Not really.  Young people often do crazy things.  Remember when kids would take their hopped up cars and play chicken?  Mostly they get over that stupid shit as they mature.

BillT

Get out your phone and take pictures/movies of the guy and the license plate on his vehicle.
Talk to the cops.
Look into suing him for assault.

LizStreithorst

Barb isn't the type to want revenge in that way.  I think that she isn't even the type to share something like this upsetting experience with a group of people.  I'm glad she did.  It got us to thinking and talking about that kind of thing.

I'm a different type I wouldn't try to whup his arse like I would when I was young.  But I would have cussed him and told him why I was wearing the mask and that he was a selfish ignorant shit head.  At least it would may be making him think twice before he pulled that on someone again.

Barb

He was no kid, I think at least 30.  Our son said I should have called the cops, or gotten his license plate, says in his part of the state people are arrested for doing this stuff.  I wish I had pulled down my mask and spit on him then told him I had the mask on to protect others from me who has the virus.  That may have given him something to think about and ruined his day like he did mine.  Karma will get him.
Barb

BillT

QuoteBarb isn't the type to want revenge in that way.

I don't consider it revenge to go after lawbreakers.
It would act as a deterrent to him and other jerks.

LizStreithorst

YOu could well be right, Bill.  I have a tendency to react in rage to outrageous acts I consider offensive.  I've gotten better at being more rational over the years, but coughing in my face while I had a mask on to me would have been too much for me to not go back to being the Mama Bear.  I don't think I will able so put that part of me away forever.  I'm German and Irish.

BillT

That might deter guys like him too Liz.