• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:48:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 141
Total: 141

Whachya got going on today?

Started by Ron Sower, March 31, 2020, 09:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...I think

I'll get started on building the hardscape for the new 125...I was aching all over pretty much yesterday, so just set up a table on the carport to start working on it this week...weather is supposed to be in the 80s, which is really comfortable for me...

...first thing I need to do is pressure wash a manzanita stump...and while I'm at it I'll pressure wash some Dragon Stone and sandstone to remove the loose dirt and flakes...

...Oh, and I need to find some plastic grid for fluorescent light fixtures to put in the bottom of the tank so it will cushion the fall if any cichlids should dig out under rocks and they fall over, and not crack the glass...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's stopped raining so I may go out and push the mower for a bit to warm up and then plant metal T posts.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

I am planting a metal fence piece, see my other post to see why.

Barb

wsantia1

It was another rainy day so I missed out on weeding the front of my house. I did do some water changes though so that worked out okay.  mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...I did get a pile of rocks, cholla and manzinita wood pressure washed. ...

...that was good and I'm glad it is warmer today...I got soaked :D...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I took  blue shrimp, the last of my Angelfish (thank God) and 3 dozen hen's eggs to the LFS for Ken, Twee and their 4 boys.  Twee was out sick with a stomach virus and it's all on Ken and his excellent employee, Hal.  Ken is very lucky to have him.  Ken asked me if I wanted money but I thought I was in the hole to them.  He said that he looked over the list where he keeps track of what I "buy" and "sell" and said that I was way ahead.  I left with 100 bucks in my pocket that I didn't expect.  I have money in the bank but I try not to spend it on my vices.  I generally prefer not to spend it on groceries either.  But with the virus I have had no customers and having an extra 100 bucks in my pocket that I didn't expect!

My new RO unit arrived while I was gone.  Installing was a piece of cake until I came to installing the TDS meter.  I'd never had an in-line one and the instructions were not very clear.  My head started to swim so I decided that it was best to stop there before I screwed something up.  I've done with out an RO for a long time now.  It will hurt nothing if I wait a day or two.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 31, 2020, 06:14:08 PM
I took  blue shrimp, the last of my Angelfish (thank God) and 3 dozen hen's eggs to the LFS for Ken, Twee and their 4 boys.  Twee was out sick with a stomach virus and it's all on Ken and his excellent employee, Hal.  Ken is very lucky to have him.  Ken asked me if I wanted money but I thought I was in the hole to them.  He said that he looked over the list where he keeps track of what I "buy" and "sell" and said that I was way ahead.  I left with 100 bucks in my pocket that I didn't expect.  I have money in the bank but I try not to spend it on my vices.  I generally prefer not to spend it on groceries either.  But with the virus I have had no customers and having an extra 100 bucks in my pocket that I didn't expect!

My new RO unit arrived while I was gone.  Installing was a piece of cake until I came to installing the TDS meter.  I'd never had an in-line one and the instructions were not very clear.  My head started to swim so I decided that it was best to stop there before I screwed something up.  I've done with out an RO for a long time now.  It will hurt nothing if I wait a day or two.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 31, 2020, 06:35:16 PM

...nice haul... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Liz you have Blue shrimp? I'm trying to get going with shrimp. Next time you have some for sale let me know.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Sure Willie.  Barb is first n lne, then you'll be next.

wsantia1

Willie