• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:42:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

It's Tuesday Again

Started by wsantia1, March 31, 2020, 06:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I got 3.5 hours sleep last night but somehow I feel better than I did yesterday. Anyway the coffee was very,very good.

It is currently 47 degrees and going up to 50F. There are showers in the area so we will be a little wet this morning. The sun comes out this afternoon but the temps will be headed south heading into this evening.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning Willie.  I accidentally got up at 4.  I was awake and thought it was later.  I still got a lot more sleep than you did, Willie.  I got all my morning animal chores plus some extra ones before the sun was up.

It didn't rain last night as predicted but it's coming soon though it will only last a few hrs.  It won't be as much as I'd expected, but it's still rain.  I may get some outside stuff done in the afternoon.  Otherwise I'll putter inside.  I think I'll give the LPS a call and see if they need any fish.  I hear they still have lots of business.  I'm glad for them that they're making money now because who knows when they'll be shut down for the virus.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...hello friends!...hope you're all doing well this fine day!...

...it's 53 now and shooting for 80 today with cloud cover...

...I, too, woke up early around 4:30, but rolled over and dozed on and off til just a few minutes ago...the weirdest thing though...I woke with no pain at all...!  It's been a long time since I've experienced that....I took 2 Tylenol extended pain relief tablets last night before going to bed...Maybe I should try that again...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Try anything you think helps.  If it was a fluke, at least you'll know.  It was pain that woke me up so early, but I feel better now that I'm moving around.

Barb

Mornin' Willie, Ron and Liz.  There is a feral cat that has been causing troubles for us lately.  It is a pretty long hair orange cat, but is dangerous.  It has been trying to break through 2 screens to get to our 4 cats.  And maybe us.  It even climbed our 6' wooden fence to get into the backyard and to the bedroom window.  I like to keep windows open in evening and overnight when the temps are nice.  But now I can't.  It sits outside and screams which scares our cats badly.  And scares us too when it happens.  So I got some lattice- like metal fence parts that I can put up in front of the 2 windows I like to keep open at times.  Now at least it can't rip the screens and get into the house to kill all 6 of us.  At least it seems like it wants to.  Will let you know how my fix works.  I don't have a raccoon trap anymore or I could trap it and call the animal control  It may even be someone's outdoor pet.  I love cats but not this one.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 31, 2020, 10:04:49 AM
Try anything you think helps.  If it was a fluke, at least you'll know.  It was pain that woke me up so early, but I feel better now that I'm moving around.
|^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on March 31, 2020, 11:10:29 AM
Mornin' Willie, Ron and Liz.  There is a feral cat that has been causing troubles for us lately.  It is a pretty long hair orange cat, but is dangerous.  It has been trying to break through 2 screens to get to our 4 cats.  And maybe us.  It even climbed our 6' wooden fence to get into the backyard and to the bedroom window.  I like to keep windows open in evening and overnight when the temps are nice.  But now I can't.  It sits outside and screams which scares our cats badly.  And scares us too when it happens.  So I got some lattice- like metal fence parts that I can put up in front of the 2 windows I like to keep open at times.  Now at least it can't rip the screens and get into the house to kill all 6 of us.  At least it seems like it wants to.  Will let you know how my fix works.  I don't have a raccoon trap anymore or I could trap it and call the animal control  It may even be someone's outdoor pet.  I love cats but not this one.
Barb
...I'm sure you've thought of this, but is one or more our your own cats in heat?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...a shower and a shave...boy I feel great today!... :) :) :) :)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Good suggestion Ron, but nope, all 4 girls are spayed. 
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on March 31, 2020, 01:57:20 PM
Good suggestion Ron, but nope, all 4 girls are spayed. 
Barb
...I figured you were a responsible cat lover!....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Barb, it's a long shot, but over here there are people who want feral cats for their barns and outbuildings.  The shelter I use accept them.  If any of yours shelters accept them, the good ones will have him neutered.  The new owner pics up the cat at the spay neuter clinic that's affiliated with the shelter.  You'd have to buy a live trap and catch it, but that would be best for the cat and you would get your peace back.  I'm in a rural area and you are outside a city so I don't know if that service is available where you live.  Good luck.

Barb

Thanks Liz, I think the cat belongs to someone around here, it looks well fed, even brushed, don't know the sex of it.  If I go out to scare it off, it is long gone by the time I open the door.  Maybe it will give up here since I have the two affected windows blocked now.  Nothing as awful sounding as a cat fight in the dark.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on March 31, 2020, 04:37:40 PM
Thanks Liz, I think the cat belongs to someone around here, it looks well fed, even brushed, don't know the sex of it.  If I go out to scare it off, it is long gone by the time I open the door.  Maybe it will give up here since I have the two affected windows blocked now.  Nothing as awful sounding as a cat fight in the dark.
Barb

Good luck with that cat Barb.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I know that nobody should have to spend their own money on another person's tank, but if he continues to bother you it might be worth it to you to trap him, take him do a discount spay neuter clinic, have the offending parts removed and turn him loose when you get him back home.  If anyone contacts you you can always say, "Cat, what cat?  Nuts what nuts?"  If they said he was a valuable breeding can you could say,  "Oh, I'm so sorry for you.  Why did you allow your fancy-ass cat outside in the first place"  Most southern country folk would shoot the varmint.  I am somewhat more tolerant than many.

Barb

You made me laugh Liz, thanks for that.  With bird nesting here now, a bird of prey which are many here, will probably take the cat to it's nest to feed the young.  Sad, but nature's way.  I have seen other outdoor cats just disappear from our neighborhood.  Our cat's only "outside" is sitting in a screened window in the house or sunroom.
Thanks everyone.  Will let you know how it goes.
Barb