• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 12:05:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 115
Total: 115

Good Morning Sunday!

Started by Babers, March 29, 2020, 07:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babers

Good morning everyone. Up early today...always like this on day 1 of my day off. My body just want to start moving at 3 am....so the good news is my water changes are done. Moved a batch of angels in the grow out tank, split another batch to 2 tanks bec they're getting crowded in 1 tank, and removed the slate from wigglers due to fungus growth on bad eggs. And of course , everyone is fed and happy.
Joel

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. The coffee was great and the rain has stopped for now. It is currently in the low 50s and the temps will climb to 70F. That will trigger some T-Storms this evening.

Getting ready to clean the fry tanks once they've finished breakfast. I have a pair of Angels still sitting on wigglers. They are doing a great job. I have a question though. At what point would I consider them "Parent Raisers"? I think after the fry become free swimmers.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I feel like shit warmed over today.  Didn't sleep all that well, which is not usual for me.  It's a beautiful day and still cool enough to work out of doors.  I did a I have my second load of laundry on and the first hung out.  Changed the oil on the mower and I'm making myself go out and mow for a bit.  May be all I need to feel better is get moving.  Hope so.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good morning Joel, Willie and Liz.  Going to be 90 today, waaaay too hot for me.  Just turned on the AC for the first time this year.  My pond turned green almost overnight.  Need to replace the UV bulb out there I guess.  It is only 6 mo. old.

I think parent raisers must take care of the fry until the owner can easily put them in a tank of their own to grow up??  Is this right Liz?  Hope you feel better today.  FWIW, I had a poor night's sleep too.  Too much worrying I think. 
Barb

Ron Sower

....good morning all...

...it's 62 now and going to reach 73 this afternoon...glorious sunny weather here...

...going to finish attaching electrical receptacles to the new 125 stand today...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I mowed up the side of the fence where my Iris are planted.  They're just starting to bloom.  I hope they put on a big show this year.  Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

We had a big wind and rain come through last night.  It only lasted about 20 minutes and it was gone.  It didn't dump enough rain to do any good but the wind was fierce.  It blew over all the seedlings I had started in jiffy pots.  I had them all together in a big plastic container.  I thought the group of them all together would make the container too heavy to be bothered by wind.  Well, they were scattered all over the grass and most were destroyed.  I decided the heck with it.  I'm going to the feed store tomorrow and buy plants and I'll make life easy on myself and buy metal fence posts. 

Ron Sower

...finished all but one little cover piece for the exposed I-beam support in the center of the stand...It is no longer a credenza!!! ;D ;D ;D...I'll get Stan to come over later today after the touch-up poly-stain dries hard enough...

...I'll start building up the hardscape tomorrow or Tuesday...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm always so impressed by people who know how to do everything well.  When I build something I knock it together with my imperfect cuts with my skill saw.  What I build is sound but never pretty.  Electric is almost over my head.  I fear electricity.  Lovely Job, Ron.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 29, 2020, 04:21:37 PM
I'm always so impressed by people who know how to do everything well.  When I build something I knock it together with my imperfect cuts with my skill saw.  What I build is sound but never pretty.  Electric is almost over my head.  I fear electricity.  Lovely Job, Ron.
...I'm not really a fine tune finished carpenter at all...I just fake it! ;D...then cover it up with caulking, paint, or in this case, a small piece of wood 1/4" thick that I ripped off a 2x4 to cover that I-beam at the bottom...the thin molding along the edge of the new plywood top came off an old sleigh bed footboard...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Sounds pretty cool to me.  The last stand I made was for my 30 shrimp tank.  I used concrete blocks and hid it with some 1/2" ply that I had stained.  Not a work of art, but functional.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 29, 2020, 06:50:17 PM
Sounds pretty cool to me.  The last stand I made was for my 30 shrimp tank.  I used concrete blocks and hid it with some 1/2" ply that I had stained.  Not a work of art, but functional.
....it's like the test of this wonderful.hobbie of ours....if it works for you., that's fantastic..... |^|

...also please note, this wood butcher started with an already nice piece of furniture so it would fit into our home setting...if I had a basement, it would be cinder blocks and 2x4s....

...oh, and I would have plenty of breeding an dried-out tanks like you do!!!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron