• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 03:27:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

Good Morning Saturday

Started by wsantia1, March 28, 2020, 06:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning all. The coffee here in the Northern Mid-Atlantic is very good but the weather not so much.

Currently it is 51 degrees and raining. The rain is expected to hang around until 7:00 pm with high temps at 53F. At least there will be very little wind.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning Willie.  It's going to be beautiful again today but HOT!  89 degrees they say!  God only knows what it will be like when summer comes around
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Morning all.  I wish it was going to be 89 here...  I'd spend the day on some lonely back roads.  As it is, I'm off to work.

Have a great day folks!

Dennis

Barb

Hi Willie, Liz and Dennis.  Just staying home today gardening before it gets too hot.  High 80's they say.  Too hot for me in late March.  Feels like summer.  I have a billion weeds to pull. Used to use Roundup in places but no more. Have you heard of spraying vinegar onto weeds to kill them? Not tried but may.  Just pulling them or mulching the areas.  Have a good day.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on March 28, 2020, 09:19:44 AM
Hi Willie, Liz and Dennis.  Just staying home today gardening before it gets too hot.  High 80's they say.  Too hot for me in late March.  Feels like summer.  I have a billion weeds to pull. Used to use Roundup in places but no more. Have you heard of spraying vinegar onto weeds to kill them? Not tried but may.  Just pulling them or mulching the areas.  Have a good day.
Barb

Hey Barb, I did hear that vinegar works but haven't tried it myself. I'm tempted to. I got rid of all my chemicals last year and I am overrun with weeds.
Willie

LizStreithorst

RoundUp is my best friend, but I haven't gotten around to it this year and don't know when I will.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on March 28, 2020, 09:19:44 AM
Barb
...1 gallon of vinegar + 1 cup of salt + 2 tblsp of Dawn...Or...1 gallon of vinegar + 2 cup of epsom salts + 1/4 cup of Dawn...
...both work, first one is cheaper to make...we use it...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

....Good morning all!... halfway thru the morning here it is 56 now and going to 67 this afternoon with lots of sunshine...

...next 2 days will be in 70s and then a week of 80s....woohoo!...

...still hanging around the home though...I haven't spent much time watching or listening to the news lately...only thing they report on is Covid-19...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It works well on annual weeds but although perennial weeds get knocked down they have the strength to come back.  I feel OK about Round Up in my situation.

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 28, 2020, 11:51:23 AM
....Good morning all!... halfway thru the morning here it is 56 now and going to 67 this afternoon with lots of sunshine...

...next 2 days will be in 70s and then a week of 80s....woohoo!...

...still hanging around the home though...I haven't spent much time watching or listening to the news lately...only thing they report on is Covid-19...

Good morning Ron. Glad the weather is great out there. I watch the new because my Daughter, granddaughter and great granddaughters are all in NYC. I am very worried about them but they seem more worried about me. they are all doing shelter in place. Where I am the only time I get close to someone is at the grocery store.
Willie

Barb

Thanks for the recipes Ron.  I will try both and see which I like best.  I am afraid of Roundup now since it is a carcinogen.  And it kills plants accidentally too if the spray drifts.  Maybe the vinegar will too though.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on March 28, 2020, 02:17:36 PM
Thanks for the recipes Ron.  I will try both and see which I like best.  I am afraid of Roundup now since it is a carcinogen.  And it kills plants accidentally too if the spray drifts.  Maybe the vinegar will too though.
Barb
...yes...dont overspray...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron