• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 01:18:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 174
Total: 174

Good Morning Friday....

Started by wsantia1, March 27, 2020, 06:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning all. Great coffee here for a change. Currently it is 49 degrees and going up to 66 under cloudy skies. There will be showers off and on during the day.

Wishing everyone a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Mornin' Willie, nice day starting here, 53 now, 80 later on.  I hope to get out in my garden today, and the weekend, to pull millions of weeds and cut back old perennials from last season.  Lots of trees, shrubs and bulbs blooming.  Staying home most of the time now just gives me more gardening time, which I love.  Hope the rest of you are doing OK.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Morning lady and gent.  I got a call from the local PO that my chicks were in.  I've got them all tucked into their brooder, showed them the water and from there they are doing it on their own.  They found the food and are all chowing down.  They all arrived alive and they appear happy and healthy.

Then I went out to open the older chicks door and found that they had gotten escaped right after the sun came out.  I was able to catch the lavender orpington.  The cat must have eaten the female Bielelfelder, and I've found but cannot catch my male Bielefelder.  I won't be on much to day unless I am able to lure him back into his safe pen and house.  That's all for now.  Please wish me luck.  He is my only male so I need him.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

All is well with the world once again.  I managed to lure my boy Bielefelder into his pen and I moved the lavender Oprington I caught much earlier from the chick brooder back into her house with him.  You have no idea how difficult getting him back in was.  He wanted to be back home but he didn't know how to get there.  I have 27 females, but he is my only male so at this point he is the MVC (most valuable chicken).  It's funny because the male are usually worthless and a chore because  you always have too many so you end up having to kill most and eat them, which takes more of an emotional toll than culling fish.  I know how they managed to get out.  It's easy to show, but too difficult to explain.  The poor little dude was so lost that I was the only thing he recognized.  The chickens are generally afraid of people but since I was the only thing he was able to recognized, he basically followed me back into his pen.  I guess I was his last best hope.  I had to move very slowly and carefully so as not to spook him.

My dogs and cat are also happy now, as I had them lock it the house with the poor cat in my bedroom.  I finally get to take the bath that I intended to take 4 hrs ago.

Ron Sower

...howdy folks...I slept in today...finally!...

...Willie, what do you mean, "Great coffee here for a change?"....has it been bad?...

...Liz, as you describe your chickens, I can't help but think of my late brother...he lived in an agricultural area of Virginia most of his life...he used to love his chickens...as his diabetes and arthritis worked more on him he had to give them up because he could hardly walk out to the chicken pen and coop...

...after getting stuff done on the 125 stand yesterday, I'm inspired to work on it more today...I'm going to Homely Despot to get a couple sturdy sawhorses to slide the tank onto, then I'm going to affix the top leveling plywood onto the stand and secure it there....I have some 1" insulation Styrofoam that I'm going to cut to set the tank on top of it because there is a very slight dip in the credenza top...

...and then there is some more reading to get done...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It sounds like life is going on well for you, Ron.  Sorry to hear about your brother.  It's sad having to give up something that gives you joy.  Post pics of the stand and the tank once you put it in place.  I want to see.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 27, 2020, 02:17:42 PM
It sounds like life is going on well for you, Ron.  Sorry to hear about your brother.  It's sad having to give up something that gives you joy.  Post pics of the stand and the tank once you put it in place.  I want to see.
...thanks for your thoughts...I will post pics...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

And I'll post pics of my little chicks, aka the "chick munks."

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 27, 2020, 01:21:16 PM

...Willie, what do you mean, "Great coffee here for a change?"....has it been bad?...

...Liz, as you describe your chickens, I can't help but think of my late brother...he lived in an agricultural area of Virginia most of his life...he used to love his chickens...as his diabetes and arthritis worked more on him he had to give them up because he could hardly walk out to the chicken pen and coop...

...after getting stuff done on the 125 stand yesterday, I'm inspired to work on it more today...I'm going to Homely Despot to get a couple sturdy sawhorses to slide the tank onto, then I'm going to affix the top leveling plywood onto the stand and secure it there....I have some 1" insulation Styrofoam that I'm going to cut to set the tank on top of it because there is a very slight dip in the credenza top...

Ron, it hasn't been that good for the last few days. :(
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 27, 2020, 02:49:43 PM

...bummer...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 27, 2020, 02:49:43 PM

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron