• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:33:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 144
Total: 144

Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, March 26, 2020, 11:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I planted the second fence post.  The dirt got a lot harder since I did the first one.  It's hot as the devil out there in the full sun.  Great for growing stuff but I'm sweating like a pig.  Actually, pigs don't sweat at all but if they could they'd be sweating out there like I was.  At least I wised up and put the second post and all my tools in Charlotte and drove them out. 

As soon as my pain meds kick in I'll go back out and pull metal posts.  I found several that look like they shouldn't be tangled up in roots.

What's going on with the rest of my friends?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...just getting up and stretching now...

...gonna be cooler today...showing max of 69 and cloudy...

...Wille, you up yet?...

...didn't get anything worthwhile done yesterday, other than play cards, so maybe I'll do something today and report later....!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Liz and Ron, so far today just nursing duties with Bill and then my mom who is almost 96.  She needs much more of my help now that she can't get out on her own on the little bus that takes seniors around town.  I did her hair for her too, her salon is shut down, and got all her groceries after taking her to her eye appt. for eye injections. Then we waited in a long line at the bank since the indoor bank is closed. At least the day is beautiful finally.  Warm and sunny.  Liz don't work so hard!
Barb

LizStreithorst

I'm glad that they still allow you to have contact with her.  What with this spreading they often allow nobody one to one contact.

I've quit working.  I drove to the mail box and stopped to visit Judy whose husband is in the hospital and not allowed visitors.  She herself has a bad kidney infection that keeps coming back.  They put her on last resort antibiotics yesterday and they seem to be working.  It will be Monday before the result culture and sensitivity is known.  It's an e-coli but we don't yet know how sensitive the bug is to this last resort drug.

After our long chat I came home and tried to cut fence away but my cutters weren't strong enough and I don't have the one I need any more.  After that I just packed it in for the day.  Tomorrow I'll take the big cutters I used to use for cutting stock panels.  They'll work.

wsantia1

Busy day for me here. Was out with Kobe for most of the morning because it was so nice out. It's currently 59 degrees but it was up to 65 degrees a couple of hour ago.

The rest of the day was spent in the basement doing deep cleanings on a few tanks and being extra diligent with my fry tanks.

I have three fry tanks going and a pair of angels taking care of some wigglers. They will get to keep that spawn.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...THERE you are Willie!... good to see you here and gald you've had a good day...

...i was topping off my 125 from the RO barrel...got sidetracked... well, you guys can probably figure out the rest...at least I was in the room and cut the pump off quickly and only had about a gallon on the floor...thankfully, I had my towel box within reach and got it soaked up immediately...

...I finally got the center supports under the credenza this afternoon...Made a wood I-beam to go under the bottom and wedged in a panel of plywood over it....I'll add the end plates onto the credenza after I get the top covered with a solid piece of plywood... and add a thick foam board on top...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 26, 2020, 05:37:02 PM
Busy day for me here. Was out with Kobe for most of the morning because it was so nice out. It's currently 59 degrees but it was up to 65 degrees a couple of hour ago.

The rest of the day was spent in the basement doing deep cleanings on a few tanks and being extra diligent with my fry tanks.

I have three fry tanks going and a pair of angels taking care of some wigglers. They will get to keep that spawn.

Glad you're having fun, Willie.