• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:48:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 63
Total: 63

A lovely Wednesday

Started by LizStreithorst, March 25, 2020, 10:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've only changed water on my 30 gallon shrimp tank in the office and playing with chickens so far today.  Shame on me.  I'll get off my lazy butt and plant my other fence post.  I'll have to pull a couple of metal posts that I used for fencing when I had the goats.  After that putting up the fencing itself should be the easiest part of the job.

How about the rest of you?
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Down on the Mississippi and Alabama gulf coast they use crushed oyster shells.  Supposedly they are the cheapest thing that mostly poor folks use, but I think they make a fashion statement.  They stay white.  Very pretty.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 25, 2020, 10:32:45 AM
Down on the Mississippi and Alabama gulf coast they use crushed oyster shells.  Supposedly they are the cheapest thing that mostly poor folks use, but I think they make a fashion statement.  They stay white.  Very pretty.
...you mean for driveways?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron Sower

...it's 64 now and going to 74 later in the day with cloudy skies...

...today's major project is to get the tv in my room working on our Dish system....neither of the remotes work on it...I don't use it much though, so far...

...I think I may work on my stand for the new 125 today too...I think I'm putting that off because I have some heavy lifting to do and I know how I will feel after doing  that...! :D :D :D

...oh...I forgot ti now that I will be having an appointment with my new rheumatologist today at one...they just called and let me know that we will do this by Telemed which is an online medium...I don't even have to go in!...It's a follow-up to my first visit and MRI, Xrays for my back and some bloodwork...This will be fun... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ghonk

Lockdown  not bothering me much.
Guess that's one good  thing about being a hermit. ;D 
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Ron Sower

Quote from: ghonk on March 25, 2020, 12:39:36 PM
Lockdown  not bothering me much.
Guess that's one good  thing about being a hermit. ;D
|^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Babers

Going back to work tomorrow. Not looking forward to potentially getting exposed to stuff at the hospital.
Joel

LizStreithorst

Good luck, Joel.  I hope the protective equipment is more available there than it is here.

Babers

I think it's the same as anywhere right now. Last week they fit tested us for N95 masks. Will they let us wear those daily? I hope so...but all we've been using were the regular surgical masks for a few weeks now. Who knows what's next... huh
Joel

wsantia1

It's been a lousy day so far. Raining and in the 40s most of the day. I agree with some of you about the lockdown. I can't think of anything I am doing differently except starting tomorrow the park that I like to take Kobe to will be closed until further notice.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 25, 2020, 04:22:42 PM
It's been a lousy day so far. Raining and in the 40s most of the day. I agree with some of you about the lockdown. I can't think of anything I am doing differently except starting tomorrow the park that I like to take Kobe to will be closed until further notice.
...bummer, Willie....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It has been beautiful out and I have done nothing but enjoy take it easy.  I'm headed out now to lock up the chicks, watch the big hens go to roost in the holly tree and wait for the chicken house door to close all by itself.  Nice day!

Ron Sower

...we ended up playing Samba with Stan & Barbara ...second time in a row, the girls beat the crap out of us boys!....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron