• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 01:41:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 181
Total: 181

Tuesday Treats

Started by Barb, March 24, 2020, 02:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Bill has been wanting Taco Bell nachos, but the drive thru lane is so long I don't want to do it. Inside is closed of course.  So I am making him my version of them tonight.  He will love it, I hope....
Barb

LizStreithorst

Cool.  Natchos sound good to me too.  I had another bowl of split pea soup with leftover  tiny choppped chunks of leftover corned beef.  Of course it was so much better today than yesterday that I may have the same thing tomorrow. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...the soup we had yesterday was delicious, but Lucy doesn't care much for having leftovers the next day, if at all.....she's so damn spoiled :D!!...

...We're going to have breakfast tonight... |eat| |eat|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I've heard of people who think that leftovers should be rejected.  I just don't get it.  Everything cooked in liquid is better after a day or even two.  The flavors seem to marry together better.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 24, 2020, 05:54:31 PM
I've heard of people who think that leftovers should be rejected.  I just don't get it.  Everything cooked in liquid is better after a day or even two.  The flavors seem to marry together better.
...Lucy's Dad grew very poor...he had a pretty rough childhood from what I can tell...he had made it a "thing" in their home as she was growing that he would never have leftovers served in his home...an interesting switch from what most of the people of that era practiced, which is to use everything and waste nothing...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Interesting.  He wanted to be above all that. I can understand his thinking but I'm glad that's not my attitude.