• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 05:35:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 102
Total: 102

Morning All

Started by BallAquatics, March 24, 2020, 09:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Going to be sunny and warm here in Ohio, normally a great day for a ride through the country side.  Not sure what I can get away with since the state is on lock down.  The law does say you can go out and about to exercise and cycling is on that list.  It doesn't specify as to what type of cycles.

Back to work tomorrow, so that will get me out of the house.  One thing nice about all this is that everything fits on the shelves...  no over-stock at this time!  I'm not expecting many folks in the store while I'm there from 6:30am to 3:30pm.

Have a great day! - Dennis

wsantia1

Good morning Dennis and all. Great coffee here once again. It is currently 47 degrees and going up to near 60 F once the sun comes out from behind the clouds.

Just gave Kobe a much needed bath. He hates it but once it's over he can't wait to get the special treat that I give him on special occasions.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning folks.  It's sunny and breezy today.  My 3 chicks are starting to venture outside in their small run.  They're so fun to watch.

The man up the road who has a gravel pit stopped by this morning.  He has time to fix my road.  It will wonderful not to have my customers drive through dips and puddles to get to my house.  I've been wanting to have this done for years but figured it would cost a bundle.  It won't cost a bundle.  He's a grooming customer of mine and like I said he lives just up the road.

I checked the horse's water trough earlier and found it slam full of mosquito larvae.  Normal people would dump it out but I'm excited to have them.  The fish will go crazy for them when it's their lunch time.

I also have plans to plant the corner posts for my vegetable garden.  I've been putting it off, but the dirt should be just right today for planting posts.  It's a job I can't wait to be done.  I'll admire it even though it will not be a perfect tight fence.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 24, 2020, 10:21:18 AM
Morning folks.  It's sunny and breezy today.  My 3 chicks are starting to venture outside in their small run.  They're so fun to watch.

The man up the road who has a gravel pit stopped by this morning.  He has time to fix my road.  It will wonderful not to have my customers drive through dips and puddles to get to my house.  I've been wanting to have this done for years but figured it would cost a bundle.  It won't cost a bundle.  He's a grooming customer of mine and like I said he lives just up the road.

I checked the horse's water trough earlier and found it slam full of mosquito larvae.  Normal people would dump it out but I'm excited to have them.  The fish will go crazy for them when it's their lunch time.

I also have plans to plant the corner posts for my vegetable garden.  I've been putting it off, but the dirt should be just right today for planting posts.  It's a job I can't wait to be done.  I'll admire it even though it will not be a perfect tight fence.

Good to hear you are getting your road done. I'm sure your customers will live it. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Ron Sower

...hi guys and gal!...

...we're looking at a nice balmy 60 degrees right now and an even balmier 74 with sunny skies as the day moves on...

...missing Mugs here...

...not sure what I'm gonna do today...how about you guys?...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 24, 2020, 11:15:04 AM
...hi guys and gal!...

...we're looking at a nice balmy 60 degrees right now and an even balmier 74 with sunny skies as the day moves on...

...missing Mugs here...

...not sure what I'm gonna do today...how about you guys?...

I'm nursing some fry through the early stages. I've been having a rough tome rearing fry so this time being extra diligent. 2 to 3 daily water changes on the fry tank. I'm determined to get things right with these fry.
Willie

Babers

Trying to start a couple grow out tanks here. But had to leave the fishroom right now because a pair is trying to spawn and they're getting distracted with me putzin' around in there. So I'll minimize my presence down there until after they're done spawning. Fishroom Lock down at this time. wfwf
Joel

Ron Sower

Quote from: Babers on March 24, 2020, 12:25:06 PM
Trying to start a couple grow out tanks here. But had to leave the fishroom right now because a pair is trying to spawn and they're getting distracted with me putzin' around in there. So I'll minimize my presence down there until after they're done spawning. Fishroom Lock down at this time. wfwf
...yeh, man....give them their privacy!!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

lol!  Not much is going to happen today.  I sure did enjoy watching the fish go after the mosquito larvae.  Even my small Ram fry went for them.  They couldn't fit an entire one in their little mouths but they tormented them and took small bites out.  Too cool.

One fence post is planted.  The hardest part was carrying the damn thing from the chicken yard to the garden.  If I knew that it would have hurt that much I'd have loaded them into Charlotte the truck and driven them over.

I had lunch/dinner and I'm enjoying a brandy and coffee with honey and cream.  It is a wonderfully tasty drink that both relaxes my body then a bit later peps me back up.  Without it I'm totally worthless in the afternoons.

Barb

I had to go take Bill to an important eye dr. appt.  He has glaucoma now, in addition to all his other stuff.  Eye drops twice a day will hopefully keep him with his eyesight.  My mom has it too.
Good to have you all to chat with each day.  I don't post as often as I should but I am always reading  your posts to keep up with you all.  I will try to post more often.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 24, 2020, 12:26:49 PM
Quote from: Babers on March 24, 2020, 12:25:06 PM
...yeh, man....give them their privacy!!...

+1
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on March 24, 2020, 02:53:44 PM
I had to go take Bill to an important eye dr. appt.  He has glaucoma now, in addition to all his other stuff.  Eye drops twice a day will hopefully keep him with his eyesight.  My mom has it too.
Good to have you all to chat with each day.  I don't post as often as I should but I am always reading  your posts to keep up with you all.  I will try to post more often.
Barb
...do you have any time anymore to do any of your pottery work?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

The dirt guys just left.  Man, I had no idea what artists they were.  I asked the boss man if he could dump a load in my carport which was full of holes that dogs had dug and chickens had been dusting in.  I know he couldn't get in there because his big tractor has a top, but i have a shovel and a hand spreader and given enough time I can get anything done. 

His helper got the top of the tractor stuck under the carport roof but he was able to get it free.  The boss came along and spread that dirt perfectly under the car port.  I watch and was astounded.  He worked that big machine like it was part of him.  He couldn't pack it down like he did the rest of the road.  I'll have to drive back and forth on it with the car to get it packed down but that beats the hell out of spreading that huge pile of dirt by hand.  I couldn't be more happy.

Barb

Hi Ron, yes I do make some pottery now and then.  Will do more when it gets warmer, since I do most of it in the garage.  I want to make some things on my wheel, haven't used it in about 6 years. Hope I can still throw a pot.

Liz, great gravel news!  Here marl is used, what kind of rock there?
Barb

LizStreithorst

It's sandy clay with gravel in it.  Washed gravel (a larger size than pea gravel) lasts forever but most dirt roads use clay gravel as washed gravel is almost 5 times more expensive.  What on earth is marl?