• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:35:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 140
Total: 141

SILENT CHICAGO

Started by ghonk, March 23, 2020, 07:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Does it look like that during rush hour?  Are there you there so you can see it with your own eyes rather than just post a link?
Always move forward. Never look back.

ghonk

I don't know what times the shots were taken,but several of them were from downtown and the surrounding area,which at one time was a ghost town when off business hour.

But no more from my understanding ,increased housing  in the downtown area,which also meant more shops and restaurants, so their are a lot more  people in the street at all times I believe.

I haven't rode  the trains in a long time,but i doubt you would  normally see  them that abandoned even in the middle of the night.   

Will go out tomorrow and see how dead it is in my neck of the woods.    ;D
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

wsantia1

Quote from: ghonk on March 23, 2020, 11:30:37 PM
I don't know what times the shots were taken,but several of them were from downtown and the surrounding area,which at one time was a ghost town when off business hour.

But no more from my understanding ,increased housing  in the downtown area,which also meant more shops and restaurants, so their are a lot more  people in the street at all times I believe.

I haven't rode  the trains in a long time,but i doubt you would  normally see  them that abandoned even in the middle of the night.   

Will go out tomorrow and see how dead it is in my neck of the woods.    ;D

Chicago does not normally look like that. When I left a few years ago it had a bustling downtown area even after working hours. Like Greg said it's hard to tell what time of day it is.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Every day now I keep thinking I am having a nightmare or watching a scary movie.  It is hard to believe this is actually all really happening, around the world.  I am happy to stay inside now, away from people, except my own small family.  Glad I have a nice little yard and garden to hang out in, and it is fenced!
Barb

Ron Sower

...i haven't been into downtown phoenix, so I can't comment on there...we' have scooted out to meet people to pick up fish or trade plants in the suburb areas...pretty much everything is closed and lot less vehicles on the road...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ghonk

Paul Simon

ghonk

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot threatens to shut down city's parks and lakefront; police will start ticketing people who don't abide stay-at-home order

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-coronavirus-chicago-lakefront-arwady-lightfoot-20200325-feqjcndbmzebrctivt7r4trp3u-story.html
Paul Simon

ghonk

Paul Simon