• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:22:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 147
Total: 148

New RO unite coming

Started by LizStreithorst, March 23, 2020, 04:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I counted my pennies this morning and I have enough for an RO system so i bought this one: https://liquagen.com/collections/ro-di-systems/products/liquagen-6-stage-reverse-osmosis-deionization-0-tds-water-filtration-system-100-gpd-1  There are less expensive systems, but this one comes with a water pressure gauge and a TDS meter.  I called the manufacturer about replacing the DI filters with Carbon blocks because I don't need DI for fresh water.  Stan said, that that would be no problem because they make everything in house to order.  I'm looking forward to being able to breed Discus and Rams again.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Babers

Joel

Barb

You will soon have so many fry you won't know what to do with them all  |^|

LizStreithorst

I've learned not to get my hopes up, but if this doesn't work for me I don't know what else I can do.  All I want is a respectable hatch rate.  I know what to do once the eggs  have tails wiggling out of them..

Babers

I think this will work for you. I've got a 5 stage, I also don't use the DI so I just emptied the chamber.
Joel

LizStreithorst

Thanks, Joel.  I wasn't sure of myself because I'm not a pro at choosing RO units.  It makes me feel good  that someone else thinks that I did right.  I sure did look at a lot of them before I choose this one.  It was somewhat stressful because I knew that I didn't know what I didn't know.  I like having a built in TDS meter.  It saves me from having to buy one right now.