• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:16:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 164
Total: 165

Monday again

Started by LizStreithorst, March 23, 2020, 09:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I sure miss Jon but I decided that it would make him feel good if we kept posting here as long as we can than if we just mourn over the situation, so here goes...

Mississippi is not shut down but there are fewer people out and about.  When have to go to the store I'm surprised that most others out aren't even trying to keep their distance.  I'm being more sensible.  I only go to the beer store and the supermarket occasionally.  I cancelled my appt at the dentist so I'll be going around a front tooth for a while longer.  The dogs, chickens, the cat and the horse don't care if I look like an old grandma hillbilly.  I must go to the feed store and stock up big time.  My horse can only eat a special food made for old horses without teeth to chew grass.  I'll make arrangements to be able to get more if businesses are shut down.  The horse will starve without this food.

What does everyone else have going on?
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. We really miss Jon but I think he would want this forum to continue for now. It is a lousy weather day here with temps currently at 45 degrees and going up to around 50. It will rain until 6 pm with the wind blowing up to 30 mph.

I will be doing some water changes today a general house cleaning. Hopefully when I go out to the store I can find some TP. I'd get to get down to the single ply Scott's TP that I bought by mistake a couple of years ago.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Mornin Liz and Willie, sure had some good coffee this morning, Hazelnut which is my fav.  Just staying home mostly these days.  Only going out to take Bill out for a drive a few times a week with homemade lunch in the car.  We used to go to a fast food place, but not now.  They are all closed anyway, except for loooong drive through lines.  I also need to care for my mom who is almost 96 and lives alone in a senior apt. complex, which is closed to all visitors now.  I hand her food through her outside door, glad she has it.  We are all well stocked with TP.  Hope you find some Willie.

One really good thing for us, gas is down to $1.69 here!!!  So I can continue my drives for Bill, it is about his only interest and joy now.  What is it where you live?
Barb

Ron Sower

...Hello gang!...I wasn't on here yesterday and was totally shocked to read the news about Jon...And, yes, Willie and Barb, I agree with your thinking that Jun would want this forum to continue...And I never even personally met him...or any of you, actually....except for Aron Jemison who led me to this forum...

...as far as I know Arizona isn't shut down yet... but there are rumors rolling through...a lot of the Canadians who come here for the winter months are leaving now which is about a month earlier than usual...concerns about getting sick and health coverage not working for them here in the states...Last year one of our Canadian friends broke her wrist pretty badly....without US insurance, the Canadian health coverage flew her back to Canada where she had pretty extensive surgery on it...she returned later before the season was over....

...our close friends, Stan and Barb, are coming over this afternoon to play cards...that will while away some time...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I got a 2 pieces of good news today.  Gas is $1.49 and feed stores are considered essential businesses so I only had to spend the normal amount that I spend there.  That's a relief. 

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 23, 2020, 02:50:44 PM
I got a 2 pieces of good news today.  Gas is $1.49 and feed stores are considered essential businesses so I only had to spend the normal amount that I spend there.  That's a relief.

The good news here was that the liquor store is considered an essential business. |^| |^| |^| mim mim mim 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 23, 2020, 07:26:14 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 23, 2020, 02:50:44 PM

The good news here was that the liquor store is considered an essential business. |^| |^| |^| mim mim mim

Cool!  who'd have thunk it?  I hope it's the same down here with all the holy rollers we have.