• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:07:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 154
Total: 154

Stay home Saturday...

Started by Mugwump, March 21, 2020, 03:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....whatcha got going folks?.....the 'Gov' says for folks to stay home, if possible, this weekend....usually we might do that anyway...but being told to sucks...LOL....'go to your room'.. :)

..Fish room putz'n is on the agenda.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

We haven't been mandated to stay in yet but I think it's just a matter of time because the Governor said he will do what NY, PA, NJ and Maryland are doing to prevent those folks from coming into DE and spreading the virus here.

Liquor stores and beer houses are still open for now.

Putzing and dog walking is all that's on the agenda.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...no mandate here yet either...I think our state has one of the lower incidences of the virus...but people are taking it seriously tho...

...our club  directors want to help our sponsor stores and some of the directors on our SAS board have been working on ideas like a scavenger hunt to get our members into the stores so they can buy stuff to help support them...I pointed out that support is a great idea, but it's not keeping people inside and away from the public as has been requested...I don't know where they are with the idea now...I've already told them I won't be going out in the public too much due to my age and health issues...

...restaurants are now drive thru and take out only...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Just another Saturday here in Ohio.  Short day at work today, just a 4 hour shift in the auto center.  Two weeks ago, we were covered up with folks spending income tax refunds on new tires.  This week, maybe 15 cars in a days time.  They shut us down on Thursday of this week.  Only doing warranty work, and dot.com tire installs now.  The store is as empty as I've ever seen it, but with daily deliveries I haven't had any problems getting anything I need.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 21, 2020, 09:43:17 AM
Just another Saturday here in Ohio.  Short day at work today, just a 4 hour shift in the auto center.  Two weeks ago, we were covered up with folks spending income tax refunds on new tires.  This week, maybe 15 cars in a days time.  They shut us down on Thursday of this week.  Only doing warranty work, and dot.com tire installs now.  The store is as empty as I've ever seen it, but with daily deliveries I haven't had any problems getting anything I need.

Dennis

...ours is a freak'n zoo....folks are just buying anything now......crazy
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on March 21, 2020, 09:49:15 AM

LOL  I know just what you mean.  My buddies over in the big city of Columbus are freaking going crazy.  Of course this is the crowd that never butchered a deer, or heaven forbid, changed their own oil.  LOL

I had an old boy looking for some trash bags yesterday.  I walked him clear across the store to where they are and he was telling me he had plenty of food and ammunition, but somehow got caught short on trash bags.  He said the trash man doesn't like it if they put the trash out loose.  He shook my hand and said thanks for taking the time and effort....  Just a more laid-back mentality in these parts.

You folks take care of yourselves - Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 21, 2020, 10:03:46 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 21, 2020, 09:49:15 AM

LOL  I know just what you mean.  My buddies over in the big city of Columbus are freaking going crazy.  Of course this is the crowd that never butchered a deer, or heaven forbid, changed their own oil.  LOL

I had an old boy looking for some trash bags yesterday.  I walked him clear across the store to where they are and he was telling me he had plenty of food and ammunition, but somehow got caught short on trash bags.  He said the trash man doesn't like it if they put the trash out loose.  He shook my hand and said thanks for taking the time and effort....  Just a more laid-back mentality in these parts.

You folks take care of yourselves - Dennis
...and, of course, you sanitized yours immediately, didn't you!?!????
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..Sunny, windy, and cold....but nice here in the isolation ward  :)

..#2 stopped by for a parent check....all the boys are in constant contact and making sure we don't need anything ....they are the best  |^|
Jon

wsantia1

I made a run to the liquor store for some Crown Royal and wine. I'm all set now.  mim mim mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.