• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:32:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 118
Total: 120

Found on Simply

Started by Mugwump, March 20, 2020, 05:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...credit to Zirxes ...beautiful |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

That is the way to make a natural display tank for Discus correctly.  I wonder how big the fish are and what the dimensions of the tank are.  Prepubescent Discus will school like that.  Once they reach breeding age they're less dependent of the group.  There can be a lot of animosity among them as they fight over their favorite lady.

The discus are all Asian imports.  A tank like this deserves more of a wild type fish to make it more nearly natural.

That is the Discus critic in me coming out.  Nonetheless, it is a beautiful scene with those artificially colored Asian fish.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...I know that the lack of plants is probably like the areas the Discus live in...however, I miss them in this tank...In the background on either side I would probably have some giant val growing.... and in that case, most likely, some naturally striped angels would look good in the tank, if not the wild Discus...

...the attached pic is what I've been sketching as ideas for my new tanks set up...I think eventually I will settle on medium sized SA cichlids...this sketch was done prior to seeing the video in this thread...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It would be fine if you started with at least 4 1/2" Discus.  I hope you are set up for easy large daily WC.  Good luck.  Simply is a great resource.
Always move forward. Never look back.