• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 06:01:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 200
Total: 200

125 cleaned

Started by ilroost, August 31, 2013, 07:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

Been working so many hours this summer and really needed to clean my cichlid show tank. I came home tonite and my wife had cleaned it.
It is A 125 GAL. and she hand carried 5 gal buckets to clean and refill it.(15 of them). It is so nice to have a spouse who also loves my hobby.

Mugwump

Yes it is,,,'kudos' go out to your lovely bride, what a gal.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Scott

PaulineMi

Bless her soul.  That was a big project for her to take on.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Wow.  You have a good wife.  I haul 5 gallon buckets for no man.  I don't even like hauling them for myself!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 01, 2013, 12:39:04 PM
Wow.  You have a good wife.  I haul 5 gallon buckets for no man.  I don't even like hauling them for myself!

You'd haul them for me, or get no back rub...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'd rather hard plumb your fish room.  There would be less time wasted on back rubs and more time watching fish.  I change over 300 gallons of water in less than a half hour.  It would't take that long except that when I multitask I have a flood.

Mugwump

I haven't used a bucket for water changes in a long, long time  ;D....as for multitasking....ditto..never fails....LOL...but I do it anyway....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on September 01, 2013, 02:53:06 PM
I haven't used a bucket for water changes in a long, long time  ;D....as for multitasking....ditto..never fails....LOL...but I do it anyway....

Same here, to be honest.  If a week goes buy without a flood I celebrate.  I have gone three days in a row just now and had a flood every day.  Makes me wonder how I can be so stupid not to be able to keep track of two things and once.

PaulineMi

Flood...ugh.  I finally put the check valve on the aging barrel.  Had flood number two a few days ago.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

LizStreithorst

Float valves fail.  Trust me, I know.  I will cost me a plumber and a carpenter to fix this. I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do it, but  Boozer is...

A flood in a fish room is not good but it is no crisis.  I will wait until  I can afford it.  Until then I will do my best to pay closer attention to incoming water.

PaulineMi

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 01, 2013, 05:44:52 PM
Float valves fail.  Trust me, I know.

That's what I was afraid of.  Darn.....