• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 06:07:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 156
Total: 157

Saturday stuff...

Started by Mugwump, March 14, 2020, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Whatcha all got going on.. huh

...G'son b-day party today.....other than that... huh...I'll check the calendar in a bit...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I'll probably be in the fishroom most of the day. WCs and tidying up mostly.

Staying away from the stores. It was a madhouse yesterday and I imagine it will be much worse today. I have enough food for me and Kobe to last a month. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

A little excitement early this morn'n........(5) fire trucks, (2) from neighboring towns, (3) ambulances, Comed & Nicor gas, and numerous other emergency vehicles all converged on a fire about
200 yds up the street across from us......not sure what happened as yet but there was smoke rising up in the air.....there are medium sized homes up that way and a couple small apt. buildings and a boarding house  over that way.....we'll try to get a look later when we head out to the b-day party.... huh

I hope everyone is alright  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I hope so too, Mug.

I put on a big pot of black eyed stew with ham hocks and smoked ham.  It's easy as pie and so very delicious.  My big job of the day is loading my compost into Charlotte and unloading it on to the veggie gardens.  I won't push it by digging it in, though.  Planting time will be here soon.  I want my soil to be ready.  First though, I'm making a beer run.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...inside putzing around the house mostly...just gonna stay laid back and try to kick this thing I have...

...I'm going to miss yet another killie meeting...I was looking forward to it because a fellow is bringing me some killies to work with...but he can't make it either because he's got a sinus thing going on too...he's not too far from me...I could go pick them up and come straight home....

...Guess I could pay some bills...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Babers

Hope everyone's okay there Jon.

Done with stuff in fishroom. I wake up at 3:30 everyday regardless if I'm working or not. So I started doing stuff at 4 in the fishroom. Now just relaxing and watching movies and staying away from the crowd.
Joel

LizStreithorst

I ain't gonna load and unload compost unless a strong yearning comes upon me.  I really need to do this, but there will always be tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..back from the smallish b-day party for g'son Harrison.....they had it at one of the nice bowling lanes  over in Sycamore......not crowded at all :)...

..we had pizza and then cake.....Jan and I tried the funnel cake fries....pretty good....just like a big funnel cake but fried in strips instead... :) yum  |^|......

We passed the house on the way to and from the party....it was completely gutted w/ roof damage too....it apparently started in the basement...totaled, of course...no injuries  |^|
Jon

Mugwump

Oh.....and it's been freak'n snowing most the day...not much but sticking in the trees and grassy areas.... huh
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

...seems our car plates have gone up?...from $98.00 to $151.00......WTF....where's my senior discount?
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 14, 2020, 05:45:22 PM
...seems our car plates have gone up?...from $98.00 to $151.00......WTF....where's my senior discount?

WTF thats over a 50% increase.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 14, 2020, 05:55:59 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 14, 2020, 05:45:22 PM

WTF thats over a 50% increase.  huh

...yup....but we may have just found the right Governor for Ill?..we'll slowly, but steadily digging ourselves out of the State's financial problems. The cost of plates being increased won't bother me if we continue to strive forward on this path.
Jon

waterboy

You need to move to Wisconsin.  Registration is $75 here for now. Haven't got new plates in ages, all we get is a sticker to put on the old ones. $75 for a colored 1 inch by 2 inch sticker.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on March 14, 2020, 11:12:37 PM
You need to move to Wisconsin.  Registration is $75 here for now. Haven't got new plates in ages, all we get is a sticker to put on the old ones. $75 for a colored 1 inch by 2 inch sticker.

...We get the stickers too.....have been for years....last couple years I've renewed on line....
Jon