• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 10:59:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 221
Total: 221

Friday's follies

Started by Mugwump, March 13, 2020, 05:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...need to finish up the water changes and move some fish around....haven't looked at the calendar as yet... huh

..whatcha all got going on.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Hey! hey!,,,the sun is out  :)...still 32degs...windy as hell...but the sun is out  :).......

putz'n like crazy here..... :) |^| :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..gas prices dropping around here......might go fill up, the Tahoe's on 1/4 tank....
Jon

LizStreithorst

It was $1.97 here now.  Monday when I have to go to H'burg I'll stop by the cheapest place on my way home and fill it to the brim.  I need to remember to fill my little 2 gallon gas can with ethanol free for the mower.

It's not so bad a pain day today.  I've been working with my 31 year old mare doing some ground work over the past couple of weeks.  This morning I hopped on her bareback and we took a ride up the road and back. It felt so good to be skin to hair on a horse again.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Water changes done...ran an errand to get gas and some meat.......found a couple good sales on corned beef, beef rump roast, and beef tips,,,,, :)....our local grocery store has great meat and produce and meat sales quite regularly....we get fresh eggs from a couple fish friends too  |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

...woke up at 9:30 today...Lucy was still in bed...has a gastro/intestional bug...she's staying down for the day...

...I've got the annual allergy-turn-sinus-congestion starting last night...

...got started on the credenza augmentation for the 125 stand yesterday but felt kinda poopy so I stopped...went to Homely Despot last night to get the plywood cut for the base under the tank...was going to put it in place today...we'll see if I get to feeling like doing anything....

...several months ago I set the DVR to record old episodes of The Twilight Zone...Lucy doesn't care for them, so I watched a couple this morning...it's such stiff acting compared to today's form...

...I received some plants in the mail yesterday...I should get them in the tank today...currently they're floating in a pan of water...

...we went to the grocery store last night...I was thinking that this might be like living in Russia where the shelves are bare..lots of them were like that...

...Since we're both under the weather right now, we won't be venturing out much...I think I'm staying home from the ARK meeting tomorrow night, even though I really want to go...haven't been for quite a while now...I miss it...That's my "fun" club meeting whereas SAS is my "Work" meeting since I preside over it...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..rest up and get better.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Ron Sower

...thanks you guys!...but it turns out that I'm not really the sick one today...Lucy has a gastro-intestinal bug and is throwing up and running...she's pretty punked out today...

...so between checking on her I've been doing a WC and planting my new plants in the substrate...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I didn't do much even after my little rest.  I did haul a bag of dog food into the house and another bag into the chicken house where I scooped it up and poured it in the hanging feeder for my few laying hens.  Other than that, just horse feeding and shutting the chicken house door.  My hens roost in the trees but I have 3 baby chicks in the chicken house and I would have to kill myself if I were to allow anything to harm them.

It is officially Spring here.  I saw the first hummingbird this morning.  The rye grass is growing tall, and all the oaks are leafing out.  What with the mild winter and over abundant rain, the mosquitoes are back in full force.