• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 10:28:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 161
Total: 161

Kribensis activity

Started by Ron Sower, March 10, 2020, 10:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 10, 2020, 10:52:34 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on April 10, 2020, 10:39:55 AM
...thanks for the condolences, guys...

...last night prior to bedtime, I noticed that the male was not attacking the intruders as fiercely as he had been...I'm thinking he's tiring out since he was doing it all by himself now...so, I rummaged around looking for something to partition that end of the tank from the rest...the only thing I came up with was a pair of glass pieces from an old fireplace screen that I'd saved (I'm a packrat)...so I placed them in and secured them somewhat with plastic clamps...

...it worked!...the other fish are still on the other side of the partition!... |^|

Good luck with that situation Ron.
...tank you...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Do you not have a small tank you could move dad and the kids to?  Dad won't be able to keep them safe from the hungry masses forever.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 10, 2020, 04:52:16 PM
Do you not have a small tank you could move dad and the kids to?  Dad won't be able to keep them safe from the hungry masses forever.
...yeh...i have a 5g that I can set up and will in a few days...netting the kids out will be the hardest part...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Try do wait until dad has them all in a herd and do your best to scoop them all up in one fell swoop.  It helps to have a large fine mesh net.  Expect to loose some of the kids but it's the only way I can seeing you to be able to raise them up to larger than lunch size for their hungry tank mates.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 10, 2020, 07:21:18 PM
Try do wait until dad has them all in a herd and do your best to scoop them all up in one fell swoop.  It helps to have a large fine mesh net.  Expect to loose some of the kids but it's the only way I can seeing you to be able to raise them up to larger than lunch size for their hungry tank mates.
...exactly what I'm thinking...right now they are good on their end of the tank...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Babers

Try to keep the light on so at least the Dad will see who's trying to go near the babies....until you get your other tank set up. Goodluck Ron
Joel

Ron Sower

Quote from: Babers on April 10, 2020, 09:56:09 PM
Try to keep the light on so at least the Dad will see who's trying to go near the babies....until you get your other tank set up. Goodluck Ron
...thanks...I've kept a small light on every night for that reason
.did that in the past with spawning Angel's in a community tank...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...still hanging in there...The partition seems to work fine...fry are swimming a little more freely now...Dad still attacking marauders the approach the glass partition!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron Sower

...the fry are about 1.1cm average length now...paying no attention to Papa anymore... yet, hes's still chasing at the other fish as they approach the glass separator!...you'd think his nose would be sore enough that he'd want to quit....

...I posted a rehoming note on the club FB page and 2 people came yesterday to take about 17 of them...they seemed so happy to have them...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

A big congratulations on those guys.  It took a lot of thought on your part to make it work.

Ron Sower

...not without some losses along the way though...while I was netting some out yesterday, one or 2 slipped through a very slim gap where the edge of the partitioning glass met the tank glass...the Electric blue Acara was on them like stink on you-know-what or a duck on a June bug...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Small fry are worse than small chicks.  If there's a way out they will find it.

Ron Sower

[quote =LizStreithorst link=topic=16630.msg119535#msg119535 date=1587570321]
[/quote]

...yup!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 22, 2020, 10:46:11 AM
[quote =LizStreithorst link=topic=16630.msg119535#msg119535 date=1587570321]

...yup!...
[/quote]

+1
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.