• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 03:43:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 129
Total: 129

Yessssss

Started by Mugwump, March 02, 2020, 11:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...Bn's are getting back in rhythm.... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I just saw eggs in a cave too. Albino Longfin and a Brown. The babies from their last spawn are almost grown up.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

...long fin female and male std fin albinos......got two med sized spawns growing out now.....matter of fact it's time to return Dad/cave back home... :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

Don't have any luck with plecos. Every time I get some, I just kill them. huh wfwf

Good job guys!
Joel

LizStreithorst

I'm being overrun by them.

Mug, how do you catch your baby snots in a planted tank.  The LPS wants a scoopful of them Monday and I've been having a hell of a time catching them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 10, 2020, 05:37:56 PM

Mug, how do you catch your baby snots in a planted tank.  The LPS wants a scoopful of them Monday and I've been having a hell of a time catching them.

...always slow and trap them with the net and wait ...be patient and ...you do little jerks with the net to get the fly into the net.....yank 'em out....
Jon

waterboy

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 10, 2020, 05:37:56 PM

I  use a piece of plastic hose about a quarter inch dia.  Suck them into the hose like starting a siphon and then put them into a container.  If they are eating good and you are not in a big hurry put in a trap and catch them that way.  A 1 liter soda bottle makes a good trap.  Cut off the top, put some holes in the bottom, put in some food, turn the top around and push it into the bottom.  Works great but don't let them in the trap too long or they will use up the oxygen and suffocate.
Dale

LizStreithorst

Got it.  I don't drink soda but it will be worth buying a big bottle of the stuff just to catch the little snots with.  Thanks!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I like the hose idea. |^|......I've tried the bottle thing too...but it can take several nights+ to get what I needed..... huh
Jon

waterboy

I take their food out overnight and put the trap in the next day when they are hungry.  Works like a charm for me. The hose only works when they are small, like newly out of the cave.  I have a 20 long grow out tank for calico BNs. Put a trap in there Sat., had 16 - 2 inchers in the trap within an hour. Into the swap bags they went, easy peasy.
Dale