• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 12:21:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 121
Total: 122

Coronavirus

Started by Mugwump, February 27, 2020, 04:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Fourteen percent of patients infected with the new coronavirus and discharged from the hospital in the southern Chinese province of Guangdong after recovering have tested positive again, according to local health authorities.

The findings suggest that people who recovered from COVID-19 may have to be monitored for an extended period even after they have tested negative for the virus twice as stipulated under the health authorities' guidelines and released from the hospital. Full article at: https://english.kyodonews.net/.../944f1f45d408-virus-deaths-i... My comment: Does this mean that the 14% discharged did not really recover yet but the virus became silent- undetected for a while. Could some of the 86% discharged still be silent carriers?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Or did they get re-infected indicating that no immunity is built up. Maybe you can catch it over and over like a cold.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on February 27, 2020, 08:55:55 AM
Or did they get re-infected indicating that no immunity is built up. Maybe you can catch it over and over like a cold.

...good thought......or this strain is simplly morphing as it travels from host to host?....that's scary.....

"The common cold is infectious from a few days before your symptoms appear until all of the symptoms are gone. Most people will be infectious for around 2 weeks. Symptoms are usually worse during the first 2 to 3 days, and this is when you're most likely to spread the virus"
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm in the demographic that makes me more likely to die.  It's coming, I'm sure.  If I get it, so be it.  There's not a lot to be done to avoid it.  I wonder if it's like AIDS and has been quietly circulating.  People get the crud and either call it a bad cold or the flue while it may have been Covid 19 all along.  Who knows....?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon