• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:51:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 167
Total: 168

Started by LizStreithorst, February 24, 2020, 09:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've installed skype so I can talk to my nephew in London and my SIL in Rio.  I've allowed the app to access my microphone and camera and it works for the microphone but it says it can't discover my camera.  I have done everything I can think of but can't make it work.  I'm running windows 10 version 1903.  Anyone have a clue?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..are ya sure your PC has a camera?......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I do.  Suddenly the computer is telling me that neither my camera nor my microphone is discoverable.  I'll just keep muddling along.  If I can't figure it out I'll take it to the fix it man.

LizStreithorst

Muggers, I thought that because there were buttons to turn on and off my mic and camera, and because Cortina kept nagging me wanting me to talk to her, that I had both a microphone and camera, but may be not.  Mug, I have the exact same computer that you have.  Do you have both or either?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 28, 2020, 06:40:10 AM
Muggers, I thought that because there were buttons to turn on and off my mic and camera, and because Cortina kept nagging me wanting me to talk to her, that I had both a microphone and camera, but may be not.  Mug, I have the exact same computer that you have.  Do you have both or either?

....nope....don't see either....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

do you have cortina?  She's a round button next to the windows button.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 28, 2020, 07:13:08 AM
do you have cortina?  She's a round button next to the windows button.

...nope....I'm running Win 8 and it works nicely  :)
Jon

LizStreithorst

Well, if I have cortina wouldn't you think that I'd have a mic as well?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 28, 2020, 07:57:09 AM
Well, if I have cortina wouldn't you think that I'd have a mic as well?

Do you have it set up?

Jon

Mugwump

Cortina can enable chats in Skype.....with no mic
Jon

Mugwump

..you can but a little camera and mic cheap and set it up....I did it with my old 'puter...
Jon

LizStreithorst

This is so hard for me.  I down loaded a microphone yesterday and I can't even make it work.  If I can't figure it out later I'll call my 'puter fix it guy.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 28, 2020, 09:40:24 AM
This is so hard for me.  I down loaded a microphone yesterday and I can't even make it work.  If I can't figure it out later I'll call my 'puter fix it guy.

...you'll need to get a mic....the downloaded software won't work on something that you don't have.... huh

they sell these everywhere...even 'wallyworld'....

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-hd-webcam-c270-black/9928354.p?skuId=9928354&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=893&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1260666&ds_rl=1266837&gclid=Cj0KCQiAkePyBRCEARIsAMy5ScsbeeJu7XtwkTGtC2-zAxYWdGoAEMlZxX1GAo7bbJe2Jg5xNoqPxB4aAi_tEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Jon

LizStreithorst

Thanks Mug.  I'll be in H'burg Monday.  I'll pick it up then.

Mugwump

Did you get your 'Skype' going ?
Jon