• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:26:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 145
Total: 146

Friday follies

Started by Mugwump, February 14, 2020, 04:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Whatcha got going on folks ? huh?

....with this nasty cold spell here we'll be doing inside stuff for sure....glad I got the snow cleared yesterday  :)...everything is frozen solid out there...brrrr |brr|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I've got company coming for the weekend starting tomorrow so today is house cleaning day. I will probably make a run over to Harbor Freight sometime today. This place has all kinds of tools and gizmos.

I am in the process of making tank lids with a multi-walled polycarbonate material. I have a friend that uses it and they are working great for him. They are light and reduce evaporation greatly. Better yet, they don't fall apart and break like my glass lids.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 14, 2020, 05:10:50 AM
I've got company coming for the weekend starting tomorrow so today is house cleaning day. I will probably make a run over to Harbor Freight sometime today. This place has all kinds of tools and gizmos.

I am in the process of making tank lids with a multi-walled polycarbonate material. I have a friend that uses it and they are working great for him. They are light and reduce evaporation greatly. Better yet, they don't fall apart and break like my glass lids.

...got a pic of that material?......I think I know what you're speaking of...but not sure  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 14, 2020, 05:19:48 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on February 14, 2020, 05:10:50 AM

...got a pic of that material?......I think I know what you're speaking of...but not sure  huh
Willie

Mugwump

..Isn't that the stuff Aron used one time?....made hinges with shipping tape?....
Jon

Mugwump

..LOL our dew pot in -14 degs F........ |brr|....oh well..... huh
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 14, 2020, 07:30:05 AM
..Isn't that the stuff Aron used one time?....made hinges with shipping tape?....

I don't know. Aron was really inventive so maybe he did make hinges with tape. I plan to eventually get rid of all of the HOBs on tanks 55G and below. I will make grommet holes for airline tubing to the sponge filters and the heater cord. I will also probably affix a cheap plastic handle to the lids.
Willie

Mugwump

....not a bad day...got some putz'n done, a nap, and some fish room putz'n too...... :)

..we're settling in for the evening now.....cold again tonight.... |brr|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 14, 2020, 02:33:39 PM

I don't know. Aron was really inventive so maybe he did make hinges with tape. I plan to eventually get rid of all of the HOBs on tanks 55G and below. I will make grommet holes for airline tubing to the sponge filters and the heater cord. I will also probably affix a cheap plastic handle to the lids.
...yes that was what Aron was using...it made its way trough the Seattle club...especially when Cory was sharing that he was using it on all his tanks in the store he opened....Aron helped him with some of that if I remember correctly....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...I got up and immediately started reading the book I was trying to finish before going to the dermatologist for a follow up...got home and got ready for Vilo to come over and video my "fishroom" for the SAS YouTube channel...Did that then we went over to Stan's to video a segment of his tanks... then came home and finished the book...The First Lady ...by Patterson et.al.....

...now getting ready to go to the Valentine Dance at the clubhouse...actually it's called the "Ballroom" here in this community...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 14, 2020, 05:40:43 PM

...yes that was what Aron was using...it made its way trough the Seattle club...especially when Cory was sharing that he was using it on all his tanks in the store he opened....Aron helped him with some of that if I remember correctly....

Thanks for clearing that up Ron.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 14, 2020, 07:17:39 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on February 14, 2020, 05:40:43 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Ron.  |^| |^| |^|
...Aron is the one who turned me to this forum which I really enjoy...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron