• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 05:21:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 163
Total: 164

...another Monday....

Started by Mugwump, February 10, 2020, 04:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....can we skip to Tuesday  huh......

....could be a long day here...we'll see how it goes..... huh.....#2's truck is his only vehicle at the moment and we need to get it going....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

It's going to be a busy day around here. The first thing in order is the water changes. Sometime today I have someone coming over to look at some fish and then this evening I have the fish club meeting that goes from 7 - 9 pm.

I offered to pick up our club VP who is ailing to bring him to the meeting. That will turn a 30 mile drive into a 45 mile drive each way plus another 30 miles toick him up and drop him off.

Hopefully he is up to driving here and then we can just leave from my house. Then when I get home I have to walk Kobe. huh It's going to be a long day. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..got the truck running again.... |^|.....now to relax.... :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

That's great Jon. What was wrong with it? I was AWOL yesterday so I must have missed it. lol Anyhow I did my water changes. The fry tank too.

The Koi fry tank crashed on me so that spawn didn't make it. More than half of the plat fry failed also but I'm starting to clearly see the orange bellies now.

I'm going to send some water out to have it tested. There has to be something not coming up on the home testing kits. At least I have a couple of pairs identified.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on February 10, 2020, 02:31:04 PM

That's great!  I bet it wasn't the most fun job.  What all did you have to do?

I woke up and saw that my Pitch Black rams had not eaten their wigglers.  Instead they move them to another location the male thought I wouldn't notice.
Then I went to the store to get ingredients for tomorrows meatloaf.  Since I was already in town, I had the oil in the Peamite changed.  Otherwise I have been lazy.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 10, 2020, 03:19:41 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 10, 2020, 02:31:04 PM

That's great!  I bet it wasn't the most fun job.  What all did you have to do?

I woke up and saw that my Pitch Black rams had not eaten their wigglers.  Instead they move them to another location the male thought I wouldn't notice.
Then I went to the store to get ingredients for tomorrows meatloaf.  Since I was already in town, I had the oil in the Peamite changed.  Otherwise I have been lazy.

..It was what I thought it was......no matter how much I tell him to keep his tank always at least 1/4 full....he doesn't, and neither does Aut....the lines could freeze, but also you tend to get crap over the tears in your gas tank....most gets filtered out through your gas filter....he's got 300k+ plus on that truck...runs great...but the sediment will clog that filter eventually if you persist in not keeping enough gas in there..thus all the time running on fumes caught up with them...?....it's a good thing that his gas filter is easy to get to... :).....so he still didn't think that was it and tried everything else.......got the gas filter changed in about 20mins and vrooom.......LOL....I finally think he's a believer now...... huh....oh well...Dad's don't know nothing....Dad 1,154.564....Matt 0 so far..... ;D....."and the beat goes on...the beat goes on"..... w!w |^| w!w....

Those black rams sound like winners  |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

back when I had the Beast it was produced with a lining on the fuel tank had a substandard lining on it.  It cost a lot to have it fixed.  The beast was a diesel.  I took it do an excellent diesel mechanic who know a place where could remove the old lining and put on stuff that would last.

I'm high on my black rams, too.  I'm pumped, but still keeping my fingers crossed about the wigglers becoming a swarm.
Always move forward. Never look back.