• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 07:12:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 141
Total: 141

The search begins...

Started by Babers, January 23, 2020, 12:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babers

Okay....my first spawn didn't make it. I had them floating in the parent tank in a 2.5 gal and forgot until all of them just died on 2nd hatch day that my temp water was 86 degrees (I kept my breeders at this temp). I also used H2O2 to hatch them (not sure if this was a factor). But I think I cooked them.

Second spawn...I pulled them and hatched them with MB at an independent tank. They did good and went freeswimming yesterday. Eating good so far.
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on February 29, 2020, 02:18:39 PM
Okay....my first spawn didn't make it. I had them floating in the parent tank in a 2.5 gal and forgot until all of them just died on 2nd hatch day that my temp water was 86 degrees (I kept my breeders at this temp). I also used H2O2 to hatch them (not sure if this was a factor). But I think I cooked them.

Second spawn...I pulled them and hatched them with MB at an independent tank. They did good and went freeswimming yesterday. Eating good so far.

..good luck  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Great news!  Looks like you are back in the BSP business. That's a BSP/BSP pair right? I sure would be interested in what the babies turn out to be.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on February 29, 2020, 11:15:40 PM
Great news!  Looks like you are back in the BSP business. That's a BSP/BSP pair right? I sure would be interested in what the babies turn out to be.

....I'm following too...... :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

I hope so Dale....

Curious also what they will be. It's a descent batch so it should give us a good result of the mix, if any. ....thinking lighter and slightly darker ones....either D/D or D/g or D/+ mix.
Joel

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 01, 2020, 04:22:57 AM
Quote from: waterboy on February 29, 2020, 11:15:40 PM

....I'm following too...... :)

Me too. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Babers

Third spawn....wigglers today. Descent hatch rate. Better than 2nd.

Second spawn continues to eat great. Still in the Angelsplus gallon rearing jar. 6th day freeswimming. Will plan to transfer to a 2.5 over the weekend. Getting crowded in the jar.
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on March 05, 2020, 09:58:21 AM
Third spawn....wigglers today. Descent hatch rate. Better than 2nd.

Second spawn continues to eat great. Still in the Angelsplus gallon rearing jar. 6th day freeswimming. Will plan to transfer to a 2.5 over the weekend. Getting crowded in the jar.

..Super !.... |^|
Jon

Babers

So....my guess on the babies...

If one parent has D/g and the other has D/g also:

D/D 25% darker Sealpoints
D/g 50% Standard Sealpoints
g/g 25% Platinum Sealpoints

All of the above we know what they look like.

But if one parent has D/g and the other has D/+: (both parents have dark fins, so not sure about this. But just in case a D/+ bg/bg dark fins didn't fade)

D/g 25% Sealpoints
D/+ 25% Sealpoints
+/g 25% ????

I know what the first 3 looks like. But I'm wondering what the +/g bg/bg angels will look like? Do you guys think they will look like regular silvers? Will the silvers have greenish body with darker fins that can be differentiated with non-bg/bg? Or will the bg/bg be hidden?

Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on March 07, 2020, 07:17:08 AM
So....my guess on the babies...

If one parent has D/g and the other has D/g also:

D/g 50% Standard Sealpoints
g/g 25% Platinum Sealpoints

All of the above we know what they look like.

But if one parent has D/g and the other has D/+: (both parents have dark fins, so not sure about this. But just in case a D/+ bg/bg dark fins didn't fade)

D/g 25% Sealpoints
D/+ 25% Sealpoints
+/g 25% ????

I know what the first 3 looks like. But I'm wondering what the +/g bg/bg angels will look like? Do you guys think they will look like regular silvers? Will the silvers have greenish body with darker fins that can be differentiated with non-bg/bg? Or will the bg/bg be hidden?

....is pb in there?..het?..Hom?.....I'm was thinking bg is epistatic to pb ?....yes/no?
Jon

waterboy

I don't have any Idea what they would look like. Maybe a Silver with a green tint like some pinoys.  Yes I would like to know if the +/g,pb/pb,bg/bg is Blue or not. I am curious about everything about Seal Points.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Babers

Edited.

Yes...both are pb/pb. I just simplified it to avoid confusion on the genes. Epistatic? Maybe there's an effect....bg without the blue looks like greener compared to the ones with blue. I don't think both gets masked in the presence on both in one fish...probably gets less pronounced?? You can definitely tell that there's blue on the bsp. 

Hmmm.....I think you're onto something Jon. We'll just have to wait if you can tell on a blue silver if it has bg/bg. Maybe it does mask it...

Green tint like pinoys....those would be nice Dale.

I'm getting confused the more I think about this thing...

At this time nothing too noticeable yet on the babies.

Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on March 07, 2020, 09:53:34 AM
Edited.

Yes...both are pb/pb. I just simplified it to avoid confusion on the genes. Epistatic? Maybe there's an effect....bg without the blue looks like greener compared to the ones with blue. I don't think both gets masked in the presence on both in one fish. You can definitely tell that there's blue on the bsp.  Hmmm.....I think you're onto something Jon. We'll just have to wait if you can tell on a blue silver if it has bg/bg.

...headlights on the fry ?
Jon

Babers

Too early...but I think I'm beginning to see it.

Quote from: Mugwump on March 07, 2020, 10:08:33 AM
Quote from: Babers on March 07, 2020, 09:53:34 AM
Edited.

Yes...both are pb/pb. I just simplified it to avoid confusion on the genes. Epistatic? Maybe there's an effect....bg without the blue looks like greener compared to the ones with blue. I don't think both gets masked in the presence on both in one fish. You can definitely tell that there's blue on the bsp.  Hmmm.....I think you're onto something Jon. We'll just have to wait if you can tell on a blue silver if it has bg/bg.

...headlights on the fry ?
Joel

Babers

Here they are at 8 days freeswimming. I was trying to count and get an approximate. I think the ones that are on the foam sitting at the bottom (trying to scour the bbs still), I counted 80...didn't count the others anymore. At least that gives me an approximate number.
Joel