• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 06:20:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 262
Total: 263

The search begins...

Started by Babers, January 23, 2020, 12:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babers

So I didn't stick to the plan of the 2 females on each side of the tank.

I decided to put 5 females in a 55 tank and added him. It's only been an hour and there's been a lot of commotion going one. We'll see what happens....
Joel

Mugwump

..the hormones must be crazy in there now....LOL...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

Neato, hope you end up with lots of spawns.  You got two slates in there? Could get lucky and have him spawn with two females at once.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on January 23, 2020, 04:31:59 PM
Neato, hope you end up with lots of spawns.  You got two slates in there? Could get lucky and have him spawn with two females at once.

... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

I actually do have a couple slates in there and the females are trying to establish their territories.  Crossing my fingers. The females seemed shocked that there's a male in with them lol.
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on January 23, 2020, 06:11:55 PM
I actually do have a couple slates in there and the females are trying to establish their territories.  Crossing my fingers. The females seemed shocked that there's a male in with them lol.

.... |^|...sounds promising..
Jon

Babers

There is a lot of commotion In the tank. Removed 2 underdog females. All 3 remaining females continue to chase each other. All papilla are slightly out. I added another slate so each female will have their own spot. I was hoping this will decrease the chasing. All females look like they want the male but the male can't focus on one female. They clean on and off but nothing yet.

Joel

Babers

So after 3 weeks, I removed 2 more females and left the male with one of the females yesterday. The 2 were hanging out more compared to the other ones...it felt like forever.

Here's the papilla of the female yesterday....
Joel

Babers

Here she is today....cleaning the slate a lot with the male. I think she's getting close...
Joel

Mugwump

..like waiting in a maternity ward..... huh
Jon

waterboy

She wants to spawn alright. Now just need to see if the male is interested enough to help.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Babers

Quote from: Mugwump on February 12, 2020, 12:56:08 PM
..like waiting in a maternity ward..... huh

Exactly how it feels like.

QuoteShe wants to spawn alright. Now just need to see if the male is interested enough to help.

Hope he does his part too...
Joel

Babers

She spawned but I'm not sure if he did his thing. Missed it. Grrr.was waiting all day, then I made supper and we ate and that's when she spawned. I think she's done. All I can tell is his papilla is out also.
Joel

Mugwump

Jon