• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:40:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 91
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 116
Total: 117

Wednesday==>

Started by Mugwump, January 22, 2020, 05:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...moving fry around this morn'n.....we did big changes on the 60gal breeder/75gal tanks....I'm going to split them up between the two tanks....these koi fry are showing even more dark than the previous spawns......I'm loving it too  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

..that's super they're expressing that way, Mugs...

...I had steroid shot in both knees a little bit ago... I hope that will help for at least a couple months....

...sitting at the dealership right know getting service on the Lattitude...wish I'd thought to bring a book...

...I had called the dealer two months in a row to set up an appt, left messages...no return call...this time after the 3rd no return I called and left a message with the GM telling him the issue and that I was taking my business elsewhere and thought he should know why....I DID get a return from him...most apologetic and said he didn't blame me at all for going elsewhere...said he was going to fix that problem right  away....so I said I'd stay with them...he gave me his cell # and said call him to make appointments...so hereeery I am...without a book! huh
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 22, 2020, 12:05:41 PM

...I had steroid shot in both knees a little bit ago... I hope that will help for at least a couple months....

...sitting at the dealership right know getting service on the Lattitude...wish I'd thought to bring a book...

...I had called the dealer two months in a row to set up an appt, left messages...no return call...this time after the 3rd no return I called and left a message with the GM telling him the issue and that I was taking my business elsewhere and thought he should know why....I DID get a return from him...most apologetic and said he didn't blame me at all for going elsewhere...said he was going to fix that problem right  away....so I said I'd stay with them...he gave me his cell # and said call him to make appointments...so hereeery I am...without a book! huh

..go take a couple test drives.... |^| :) |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I can't wait till they're big enough to take pics of.

My big project today was to move my unused 75 from the stand to outside in the back yard and replace it with many smaller tanks.  That was a job but I knew it would be.  I used the sofa instead of a person to help me get it off without breaking something.  I did it, but my back still hurts.  Then I set put 2 10 and a brand new 5 gallon.  I did a silicone repair on the plastic base of my old 20 that had been sitting outside for years.  I have another 10 and 20 gallon that would fit, but I may be better off getting a 2 1/2 gallon.  This is for my Ram breeding project so I'll have to ask him what he would use.

My other project was to help Twee with her shrimp project.  Her shrimp are disappearing.  She's down to 7.  I asked about it on my Discus forum where someone always knows the answer.  Her problem is not that her tank is BB, it's that she has way too few plants.  I can fix that!  IMO Suswassertang is the most important plant in a shrimp tank.  It's a slow growing plant, though.  I'm going to give her some of mine but I also found some for cheap on Aquabid.  I ordered 2 large bunches, one for her and one for me.  I had an overgrown Anubius that I trimmed and glued to an old style pleco cave I no longer use.  I  had one of Barb's smallish plant pots that I don't use and I planted some jungle val that I constantly pull out and throw away in it.  I'm also giving her a scoop of red cherry shrimp that once a week I scoop out and feed to my Rainbows and a big hunk of Java moss.

This lady and her husband have been so good to me over the years.  They give me what I buy from them at their cost.  Twee is so sweet.  She said that she likes to pick my mind when I come in  lol.  I want to give her a little gift.  It's all just stuff I have and I can make more if it, so why not?

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..that's way cool nice of you...I'll bet she'll be tickled to get her tank set up right  |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 22, 2020, 12:05:41 PM

...I had called the dealer two months in a row to set up an appt, left messages...no return call...this time after the 3rd no return I called and left a message with the GM telling him the issue and that I was taking my business elsewhere and thought he should know why....I DID get a return from him...most apologetic and said he didn't blame me at all for going elsewhere...said he was going to fix that problem right  away....so I said I'd stay with them...he gave me his cell # and said call him to make appointments...so hereeere I am...without a book! huh
...they're working...the car and my knees...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 22, 2020, 02:07:25 PM
I can't wait till they're big enough to take pics of.

My big project today was to move my unused 75 from the stand to outside in the back yard and replace it with many smaller tanks.  That was a job but I knew it would be.  I used the sofa instead of a person to help me get it off without breaking something.  I did it, but my back still hurts.  Then I set put 2 10 and a brand new 5 gallon.  I did a silicone repair on the plastic base of my old 20 that had been sitting outside for years.  I have another 10 and 20 gallon that would fit, but I may be better off getting a 2 1/2 gallon.  This is for my Ram breeding project so I'll have to ask him what he would use.

My other project was to help Twee with her shrimp project.  Her shrimp are disappearing.  She's down to 7.  I asked about it on my Discus forum where someone always knows the answer.  Her problem is not that her tank is BB, it's that she has way too few plants.  I can fix that!  IMO Suswassertang is the most important plant in a shrimp tank.  It's a slow growing plant, though.  I'm going to give her some of mine but I also found some for cheap on Aquabid.  I ordered 2 large bunches, one for her and one for me.  I had an overgrown Anubius that I trimmed and glued to an old style pleco cave I no longer use.  I  had one of Barb's smallish plant pots that I don't use and I planted some jungle val that I constantly pull out and throw away in it.  I'm also giving her a scoop of red cherry shrimp that once a week I scoop out and feed to my Rainbows and a big hunk of Java moss.

This lady and her husband have been so good to me over the years.  They give me what I buy from them at their cost.  Twee is so sweet.  She said that she likes to pick my mind when I come in  lol.  I want to give her a little gift.  It's all just stuff I have and I can make more if it, so why not?
...I agree with Mugs...way cool of you...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...been a semi-busy day here for us....ran a few errands and came back and putz'd around with this and that....it was so fluid....

..anyway we're settling in for the evening now.......snow tonight...oh joy...
Jon