• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 07:08:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

Saturday....

Started by Mugwump, January 18, 2020, 04:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Rotten weather presents more fish room putz'n  :)

..whatcha all got going on  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I'm going to walk Kobe around the part and run some errands before the oncoming storm hits around noon. It is a clipper system so it will be in and out of here quickly or so I hope.

Putzing in the fishroom and with my main computer later today.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 18, 2020, 06:45:24 AM
I'm going to walk Kobe around the part and run some errands before the oncoming storm hits around noon. It is a clipper system so it will be in and out of here quickly or so I hope.

...find a mother board yet?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 18, 2020, 07:30:17 AM

I have my eye on a used or refurbished board but first I want to check the power supply because the board is lighting up but I my PSU may not be pushing out enough juice to power my peripheral devices.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 18, 2020, 09:52:11 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 18, 2020, 07:30:17 AM

I have my eye on a used or refurbished board but first I want to check the power supply because the board is lighting up but I my PSU may not be pushing out enough juice to power my peripheral devices.

.....good catch......
Jon

LizStreithorst

Gosh you guys are smart.  I can't even figure out my remote speaker.  Sometimes I can make it work, but if I unplug it to move it, it won't connect.  I fixed it but now it's doing it again and I don't remember how to fix it any more.

I didn't do much of all today but normal everyday stuff.  The puppies are peeing and pooping outside during the night now.  It's a relief not to wash pee pads and beg for newspaper.  I'm gonna get in bed now with a bunch of dogs and a good book.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 18, 2020, 06:38:51 PM
Gosh you guys are smart.  I can't even figure out my remote speaker.  Sometimes I can make it work, but if I unplug it to move it, it won't connect.  I fixed it but now it's doing it again and I don't remember how to fix it any more.

I didn't do much of all today but normal everyday stuff.  The puppies are peeing and pooping outside during the night now.  It's a relief not to wash pee pads and beg for newspaper.  I'm gonna get in bed now with a bunch of dogs and a good book.

LOL. It didn't work.  huh
Willie

Ron Sower

...here's a recap of yesterday since I missed this edition...

...got up...had my cereal...started into my room to work on a list of stuff, when Lucy called out, "The kitchen faucet won't work!" ...

...need I say more?...

...okay, I will...

...Lucy left to go play bunco...then go to Hobby Lobby with Barbara...

...I began to disassemble the faucet....

...took quite awhile to figure out how to remove the ceramic cartridge from the single lever faucet...many searches on Youtube, etc...

...finally got it out...had 150108 number inkjetted onto it...more time searching for the part online...a LOT of time...assuming it was a Moen faucet (don't know why i made that assumption)...

...thought I had it...supposedly at my Home Depot...so "quick" trip there...

...searched the whole rack for it...not there...

...got a clerk to help search...not there...

...clerk suggested I go to local Ace Hardware...so I did...

...went straightaway to clerk for help finding it...3 clerks later...not there...

...the older clerk said only place to get it would probably be the nearby plumbing supply warehouse...not open on Saturday...

...new plan...go Monday, get the part and complete repair Monday...

...Meanwhile...I'm near local Harbor Freight...decided to check it out...okay store...

...finished there after picking up some pegboard hookie-do hanger thingies...

...returned home...

...started looking to see if I could understand why this mechanism wasn't working properly....then realized there was nothing showing that it was a Moen part...

...started looking online again for pictures of ceramic cartridges...still cannot match number...but have learned it's not a Moen faucet...

...finally found something with engineered drawings to scale and determined that it would work...ordered from Amazon to arrive today...

...went back to kitchen... put everything back under the sink...

...Lucy came home...we went to friends' to eat...

...except for last line...really non-productive day...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...I'd have installed a new faucet after all that hard to find parts search.......it's not going to be easier next time I'd figure....

..are you finding that the previous folks didn't do much house maintenance ?
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 19, 2020, 05:54:24 AM
...I'd have installed a new faucet after all that hard to find parts search.......it's not going to be easier next time I'd figure....

...the previous owner actually sold it to the park owners...I don't remember how long they had it on the market... but the park owners did some work on it before we bought it...also some that we asked for in the contract...It's in okay shape really...just some frustrating things...

...one thing is, they didn't fix a leak in the bathroom water supply line and it leaked out onto the bathroom laminate flooring...they sent their guys to come and fix it, but haven't done anything about replacing the swollen floor slats that rake my feet when I go in there...also getting a mildew odor now...manager had said don't do anything until I get back to you and let you know what we can do...

...we used a home inspector we knew nothing about...we know plenty in Seattle....and he missed some stuff we're finding now...dishwasher won't drain properly at the end of the cycle...water not flowing properly into ice maker and water spout in the fridge...

...we put in our things we wanted to get us a first year home warranty...which we would use to fix all this sh-t, er..stuff...but they "forgot" to do that... so the agent told me to go ahead and get the d/w repaired and send her the bill and she would also buy the warranty for us (she is an employee of the park management)

...all the places we bought in the past, except for one new construction home, we planned the remodel ahead of time...we went in knowing what was to be done...and this time I told Lucy I want to buy it ready to live in, and that was our goal...wellllll... huh

... I'm too old for this... wfwf
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 19, 2020, 06:08:46 AM

...the previous owner actually sold it to the park owners...I don't remember how long they had it on the market... but the park owners did some work on it before we bought it...also some that we asked for in the contract...It's in okay shape really...just some frustrating things...

...one thing is, they didn't fix a leak in the bathroom water supply line and it leaked out onto the bathroom laminate flooring...they sent their guys to come and fix it, but haven't done anything about replacing the swollen floor slats that rake my feet when I go in there...also getting a mildew odor now...manager had said don't do anything until I get back to you and let you know what we can do...

...we used a home inspector we knew nothing about...we know plenty in Seattle....and he missed some stuff we're finding now...dishwasher won't drain properly at the end of the cycle...water not flowing properly into ice maker and water spout in the fridge...

...we put in our things we wanted to get us a first year home warranty...which we would use to fix all this sh-t, er..stuff...but they "forgot" to do that... so the agent told me to go ahead and get the d/w repaired and send her the bill and she would also buy the warranty for us (she is an employee of the park management)

...all the places we bought in the past, except for one new construction home, we planned the remodel ahead of time...we went in knowing what was to be done...and this time I told Lucy I want to buy it ready to live in, and that was our goal...wellllll... huh

.....Hopefully it'll all come together quickly so you can get back to working on your tanks  |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 19, 2020, 06:12:20 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on January 19, 2020, 06:08:46 AM

.....Hopefully it'll all come together quickly so you can get back to working on your tanks  |^|
Thanks...That's my wish as well...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron