• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:07:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 147
Total: 149

Hey Jan

Started by LizStreithorst, January 11, 2020, 07:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I don't bake except for cookies and cookies don't really count as far as baking.  I'm going to try something that is way out of my comfort zone today.  What do you think of this?  My mouth waters every time I read the recipe.  https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/lemon-curd-marbled-cheesecake-1222199
Always move forward. Never look back.

wiggs

looks good , I have made a lot of cheese cakes and they were great. the hardest one was a black forest one. took it to work and everyone was fighting over it .lol  They do take a little of time but worth it as even Eli`s isn`t as good as home made.
Jan

LizStreithorst

I made a refrigerator cheese cake once.  It was underwhelming to say the least.  I'm worried about the custard part and I have no clue how to force it through a fine mesh strainer to bet bits of egg that doesn't incorporate out.  This will be my first time.  I think that I'll just leave that part out this time. I've decided to worry about it one more day and make it tomorrow.

wiggs

forcing the custard through a strainer is just to get out the larger pieces of egg that might have cooked and didn`t blend in very good. If it doesn`t bother you just skip that part. I know that I wouldn`t care as long as it was for only me.
Jan

LizStreithorst

Thanks, that's just what I was hoping.