• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:00:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

Grins====>

Started by Mugwump, January 09, 2020, 04:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Wait for it ... its worth it ...

There was an old man who lived by a forest. As he grew older and older, he started losing his hair, until one day, on his deathbed, he was completely bald. That day, he called his children to a meeting.

He said, "Look at my hair. It used to be so magnificent, but it's completely gone now. My hair can't be saved. But look outside at the forest. It's such a lovely forest with so many trees, but sooner or later they'll all be cut down and this forest will look as bald as my hair."

"What I want you to do," the man continued, "is, every time a tree is cut down or dies, plant a new one in my memory. Tell your descendants to do the same. It shall be our family's duty to keep this forest strong."

So they did. Each time the forest lost a tree, the children replanted one, and so did their children, and their children after them. And for centuries, the forest remained as lush and pretty as it once was, all because of one man and his re-seeding heirline.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Did you hear about the new restaurant on the moon? Great food but no atmosphere.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

"And for our next band, please welcome The Subtractions...Take it away,boys."
Jon

Ron Sower

Did you hear about the guy who was suing the surgeon for amputating both his legs accident when it was supposed to be his arms that were amputated?? Judge threw it out of court...said he didn't have a leg to stand one...! :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 10, 2020, 09:36:17 AM
Did you hear about the guy who was suing the surgeon for amputating both his legs accident when it was supposed to be his arms that were amputated?? Judge threw it out of court...said he didn't have a leg to stand one...! :P

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 10, 2020, 09:54:15 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on January 10, 2020, 09:36:17 AM

Yaaaaay....!  I scored a Lurch on that one!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I read somewhere that Sanchez's iguana in Licence to Kill died halfway through filming so he had to be replaced.

I guess you could say the film had a reptile dysfunction.
Jon

Mugwump

Jon