• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 09:53:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135

NEW PAIR

Started by ghonk, January 05, 2020, 07:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

New pair from Martin Bidas.

Male is a Albino Blue Silver Glitter Veil.
Female is a Blue Marble Veil (Het Albino).

They throw Blue Silver and Blue Marble in standard fin,Veil and Super Veil.
With 50% of those being Albinos due to the female carrying an Albino gene.

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

wsantia1

Great looking pair Greg.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Pretty sweet looking pair Greg....lotsa luck with their breeding....let me know when you get some fry  :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

ghonk

Spawned and  ate the eggs.
That's sure not going to happen next time.
If I want the spawn in the future they are getting pulled,period.
Like I always do, i have never had a pair parent raise.
Paul Simon

Babers

Goodluck Greg! Looks like a good combination.
Joel

LizStreithorst

Good luck.  To me an Angelfish pair that is too stupid to raise it's own kids is a culls.  I know that it's wrong of me, but that't how I feel.

That said I have had several spawns of Dutch Blue Rams and the parents ate the eggs every time.  I'm determined to get a spawn from them one way or another.  I plan to pull the next batch of eggs.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ghonk

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 24, 2020, 03:43:27 PM
Good luck.  To me an Angelfish pair that is too stupid to raise it's own kids is a culls.  I know that it's wrong of me, but that't how I feel.

That said I have had several spawns of Dutch Blue Rams and the parents ate the eggs every time.  I'm determined to get a spawn from them one way or another.  I plan to pull the next batch of eggs.

It would be nice to have parent raiser pairs,but I personally wouldn't get rid of them just because they won't.
It's hard enough for me to get the fish that i'm interested  in,and then get pairs from them if I have to grew them out.

Many of my pairs were either albinos or threw albinos,so I always pulled the eggs when I wanted the spawn,because I would have the pull the albino fry at free swimming anyway to get them to feed.

But when I was either to busy or to lazy to mess with them they were always eaten.
It would be fair to say that I didn't give SOME of the pairs enough chances in a row to get it right.

But i'm not going to keep multiple pairs and have them eat the spawns over an  over again,and then give up and sell them ,and  then start all over again.

Paul Simon

LizStreithorst

I totally understand.   You're working with hard to breed strains.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

If I want them, I pull them when I need them......then back on 'learners permit they go... |^|...parent raisers i leave alone... ;)'
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 24, 2020, 03:43:27 PM
To me an Angelfish pair that is too stupid to raise it's own kids is a culls.

They certainly would be in nature.  No fry, no carrying on of the parents flawed traits...

Dennis

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on January 24, 2020, 06:43:57 PM
If I want them, I pull them when I need them......then back on 'learners permit they go... |^|...parent raisers i leave alone... ;)'

Martin said they were parent raisers,but don't know how many times they actually did,i will have to check with him for more info.

It might be my fault that they ate them this time.
I wasn't looking to buy a pair when he offered them to me,so I didn't have a tank ready.
So the tank they are currently in is still being cycled,did a 50% water changed right before they spawned.

Eggs looked good for 24+ hours,started to get more and more bad eggs after that,POSSIBLY due to the water quality.

Saw the female eying the eggs and the male eying her,had a feeling the were going to eat them by their behavior,came back and most were gone.

Going to pull the next batch or two,if i'm successful raising the albinos from those spawns I should have plenty to sell,then I may give them some more chances. 
Paul Simon

ghonk

Pulled the last spawn,great hatch rate,probably 600 eggs and only about a dozen bad ones.
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on February 05, 2020, 02:38:40 PM
Pulled the last spawn,great hatch rate,probaly 600 eggs and only about a dozen bad ones.

..... :)  |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 05, 2020, 02:40:30 PM
Quote from: ghonk on February 05, 2020, 02:38:40 PM
Pulled the last spawn,great hatch rate,probaly 600 eggs and only about a dozen bad ones.

..... :)  |^|

|^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.