• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 11:20:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155

Uh Oh...!

Started by Mugwump, December 12, 2019, 05:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Scientists successfully recreate Tyrannosaurus Rex embryo from chicken DNA
December 20, 2016 admin   chicken, DNA   
A 68 million-year-old DNA sample retrieved from soft tissue cells found in a recently excavated pregnant Tyrannosaurus Rex fossil has led researchers at North Carolina State University to produce the first fully living dinosaur embryo in millions of years.

The pregnant Tyrannosaurus Rex's DNA, that was preserved in "extremely good condition" according to experts, was introduced into the skin cells of a chicken, a modern relative to the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

"We often think of the T-Rex as this huge crocodile-like bipedal reptile but in fact, its closest modern relative are birds and the T-Rex was actually the dinosaur equivalent of a chicken" explains Linda Rushmore, head researcher at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences' Paleontology Research Lab.

" The T-Rex was actually the dinosaur equivalent of a chicken "
    – Linda Rushmore, Paleontologist

"The similarity of both DNA's actually surprised us at first and we are extremely enthustiac about the positive results and growth of the embryo," she adds.

-more- https://undergroundscience.net/science/scientists-successfully-recreate-tyrannosaurus-rex-embryo-from-chicken-dna/?fbclid=IwAR2CCrbM_Y41_9k_MINdWCyDvnKG7oKL6f3nkSdY6G4MMnKkoglaIx2QYzQ
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Interesting.  But the article is a year old. You would think that if anything came of this work It would have been headline news by now.  Would be neat to see a TRex running around in a Zoo.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on December 12, 2019, 09:11:20 AM
Interesting.  But the article is a year old. You would think that if anything came of this work It would have been headline news by now.  Would be neat to see a TRex running around in a Zoo.

.....it's an accident waiting to happen...... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson