• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:56:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 129
Total: 129

Cold Tuesday.....

Started by Mugwump, December 10, 2019, 04:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....winter's back....

..whatcha got going on folks?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Winter will be.....tomorrow.

Last night I dropped 10 bucks on tickets for a raffle at our fish clubs Christmas Party raffle. Two of my tickets were drawn and I won 2 pairs of "Golden Eyed Dwarf Cichlids" and four "Whiptailed Catfish" (don't know what kind) so in addition to the water changes I have some studying to do.

My setup needed some variety in species so I think working a bit with these is a project I will enjoy. They are all looking good in a couple of quarantine tanks that I had running. I put the cichlid pairs in separate tanks of course. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 10, 2019, 06:07:48 AM
Winter will be.....tomorrow.

Last night I dropped 10 bucks on tickets for a raffle at our fish clubs Christmas Party raffle. Two of my tickets were drawn and I won 2 pairs of "Golden Eyed Dwarf Cichlids" and four "Whiptailed Catfish" (don't know what kind) so in addition to the water changes I have some studying to do.

My setup needed some variety in species so I think working a bit with these is a project I will enjoy. They are all looking good in a couple of quarantine tanks that I had running. I put the cichlid pairs in separate tanks of course. lol

..Interesting species....actually does well in community tanks......
.."Nannacara Anomala are widely available in the trade, and are generally regarded as an excellent beginner's fish. If a beginner is interested in keeping Cichlids and learning about breeding, then these fish are absolutely ideal.

Anomala are attractive, hardy and usually quite cheap to purchase. Like some species of the Apistogramma genus, the mother may use fascinating body language to communicate with her fry when she is caring for them.

If there is more than one male in a tank smaller than 48″, the subdominant male may take on the guise of a female (colouration and size) to avoid the aggression of the dominant male. If the dominant male was taken away, the subdominant male would quickly (a matter of weeks) grow into a fully functioning male and become the dominant male in the tank."

"Nannacara" simply means "Small Acara".

-more-
https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/nannacara-anomala/
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Rain all day here today.  I guess I'll be stuck with house cleaning.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..errands done.....ta da....even a quick stop at wallyworld...... wfwf....seems Jan has dry eyes and the beginning of cataracts in both eyes ....got drops/gel for treating the dry eyes and the other thing will be checked again in January.....

..we're home and chill'n now.....winds are gusting pretty good and the cold bites..... we'll be in low single digits tonight with the same winds hanging around....brrrrr......
Jon

Mugwump

...LOL...our current dew point is 5degs.....that should give you a hint for our lows tonight...oh winds 15-20mph......but we're toasty inside now  :)
Jon