• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:51:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 151
Total: 152

Need some reading material?

Started by Mugwump, November 30, 2019, 04:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Here lately I haven't hardly (southernism) pry my head out of a book.  Damn shame.  There are fences to build, the chicken house to clean, the leaves to rake, and the manure and organic matter to dig into the garden. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 30, 2019, 10:37:32 AM
Here lately I haven't hardly (southernism) pry my head out of a book.  Damn shame.  There are fences to build, the chicken house to clean, the leaves to rake, and the manure and organic matter to dig into the garden.

..I read every night before bed....relaxing.... :) and learning... :)....I read a lot of biographies when I can...so many interesting people have walked this earth
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's harder to do with a bed full of puppies licking my face and trying to eat my book, but I manage.  Eventually they go to sleep.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 30, 2019, 05:38:54 PM
It's harder to do with a bed full of puppies licking my face and trying to eat my book, but I manage.  Eventually they go to sleep.

.... :)...I can just see that too.... :)
Jon