• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 09:38:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 166
Total: 166

Wednesday...

Started by Mugwump, November 27, 2019, 04:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Whatcha got going on.....?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Housecleaning and making sides to take to a Thanksgiving gathering.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..whoa....here come the winds !......hang on tight  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Mike's out of surgery now....say'n all is good  :)
Jon

Mugwump

..the box of fish that I sent arrived too...all alive and kick'n the bag... :)...Isaiah is very pleased with them  |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

We've set the turkey out for the second day to thaw...diced apples and orange for Lucy to complete the cranberry salad...I don't particularly care for cranberry dishes of any kind, but actually like her salad...

Now I'm going to head back to the kitchen and cut/trim carrots and celery for the crudites for tomorrow's gathering...I think I mentioned before, and I'll risk being redundant, our Friday night dining group rents our clubhouse annex for Thanksgiving and Christmas and we have our own meals for those holidays, separate from the park's special meals...we're private, quiet and comfortable...we invite some other close friends and relatives to join us...Lucy is usually the ringleader and gets with the gals to dole out dishes to bring...no big job for anyone... and we have a wonderful time together....

Learned late yesterday that the appraisal on our new home-to-be came in below the agreed upon price...good for us in that we may not have to borrow quite as much...but, since the park owners on the home, they may be a little stubborn...the ball is in their court right now...anyway, we won't be closing early, I guess...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 27, 2019, 12:28:00 PM
We've set the turkey out for the second day to thaw...diced apples and orange for Lucy to complete the cranberry salad...I don't particularly care for cranberry dishes of any kind, but actually like her salad...

Now I'm going to head back to the kitchen and cut/trim carrots and celery for the crudites for tomorrow's gathering...I think I mentioned before, and I'll risk being redundant, our Friday night dining group rents our clubhouse annex for Thanksgiving and Christmas and we have our own meals for those holidays, separate from the park's special meals...we're private, quiet and comfortable...we invite some other close friends and relatives to join us...Lucy is usually the ringleader and gets with the gals to dole out dishes to bring...no big job for anyone... and we have a wonderful time together....

Learned late yesterday that the appraisal on our new home-to-be came in below the agreed upon price...good for us in that we may not have to borrow quite as much...but, since the park owners on the home, they may be a little stubborn...the ball is in their court right now...anyway, we won't be closing early, I guess...

...so your offer was pending based upon the appraisal.....?....so how come you had an agreement?.... if it was higher did you agree to pay more?..... huh huh huh
Jon

Mugwump

Winds are still howl'n...skies are clearing and the temps are falling....WC 20degs presently....

...another busy day here...errands, seeing Mike, grabbed a bag of boigers/fries/coke...errand, drive Mike's car back to his place....home sweet home....

time to settle in...... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 27, 2019, 03:59:59 PM

...so your offer was pending based upon the appraisal.....?....so how come you had an agreement?.... if it was higher did you agree to pay more?..... huh huh huh
No...the offer was not pending based on appraisal...the sales contract was...if the property doesn't appraise for the value that we have agreed to pay for the property, either the seller will need to agree to lower the price of the property to the appraised price, or we will have to put more down at the closing....why should we pay a higher price than the current market value?...or the seller and we could come to an agreed upon price between the two, but we would still have to come to closing with more money down and still paying over market value for it...the lender will only lend  us the money to buy it based upon the appraised value of the property...

We'll see what their next move is...they may get another appraisal...at their expense this time....!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Mugs...how is Son-Boy feeling today?....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 27, 2019, 05:00:51 PM

No...the offer was not pending based on appraisal...the sales contract was...if the property doesn't appraise for the value that we have agreed to pay for the property, either the seller will need to agree to lower the price of the property to the appraised price, or we will have to put more down at the closing....why should we pay a higher price than the current market value?...or the seller and we could come to an agreed upon price between the two, but we would still have to come to closing with more money down and still paying over market value for it...the lender will only lend  us the money to buy it based upon the appraised value of the property...

We'll see what their next move is...they may get another appraisal...at their expense this time....!

...I figured something like that.... |^|..thanks for clarifying  :)....
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 27, 2019, 05:04:42 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on November 27, 2019, 05:00:51 PM

...I figured something like that.... |^|..thanks for clarifying  :)....
Lucy was an appraiser for 22 years...I studied under her for almost 2 years until I decided I'd rather sell real estate than to appraise it...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron