• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 07:47:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 285
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 291
Total: 291

Sunday

Started by Mugwump, November 24, 2019, 03:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..swap day here...whatcha got going on....?  huh ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Maybe water changes and watching football.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..well all bagged up...no tanks this time.....got about 40+ bags of fish...grabbing breakfast now and then we're off... |^|

..have a great day folks  :).....back later
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

I'm gonna start boxing up some of the items we won't be using for the next 2 months...that'll be later today...get them ready to move...

This morning I'm going to do a WC...  also continue to search the 'net for potential new meeting venues for the club...

...and whatever else comes along... huh
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

I have never used tanks at a swap/  Which do you think is easier, tanks or all bags. It is a Job bagging up 40 - 50 bags of fish but I think it is easier on swap day.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on November 24, 2019, 10:53:55 AM
I have never used tanks at a swap/  Which do you think is easier, tanks or all bags. It is a Job bagging up 40 - 50 bags of fish but I think it is easier on swap day.

...They both have their advantages....tanks you haul some water and bag basically what you sell...bagging you bag 'em all and don't have to mess with the water hauling

..the return home with tanks is just net 'em and put 'em back....bagged fish need to be untied and returned wasting bags....

..the only real advantage to using tanks is eye catching visibility as folks walk by and easy selection of multiple angels without searching through bags on the table(s) ..they display well..plus when doing prep..it's net to a bucket(s)...water in the buckets and go..

..bagging advantage no water/tank hauling...ease of packing up non sales etc...but you spend time bagging them all...

I guess it's a toss up to preference... huh..we do both ways dependent on what we're taking, and/or size of the swap...big swap= tanks...smaller swap= bag 'em  huh

What's your take Dale?......
Jon

Mugwump

...not a bad swap...this was the biggest swap, table wise, that we've ever seen at Greenwater....about 43tables...30 odd vendors...good folks  :)

We sold well but didn't sell out.....Bob was there, as well as Frank and other familiar faces....Kasey even strolled through on the way to a bird show  :)

It was a fun day  |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 24, 2019, 03:54:02 PM
...not a bad swap...this was the biggest swap, table wise, that we've ever seen at Greenwater....about 43tables...30 odd vendors...good folks  :)

We sold well but didn't sell out.....Bob was there, as well as Frank and other familiar faces....Kasey even strolled through on the way to a bird show  :)

It was a fun day  |^|
|^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...a long day for us....time to go read a spell.....good night folks  :)
Jon