• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 17, 2024, 11:47:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 210
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 111
Total: 111

Thursday chow...

Started by Mugwump, November 21, 2019, 12:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...putting on a nice corned beef to simmer here soon... :)....MMMmmm...and cabbage too  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I just made the most flavorful chicken soup I have ever made.

Ingredients   
6 servings
1 left over chicken carcass, plus up to 200g left over cooked chicken
1 brown/cooking onion
2 carrots
1 large potato
1 stick of celery
1/2 bunch flat leafed parsley
4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
500 grams frozen sweetcorn
100 ml or more single cream
Steps   
45 mins
Strip all the meat you can from the carcass, shred and put aside. Place the carcass and any bones in a pot and use the end of a rolling pin to smash them up a little. Cover with water (approx 2 liters) and add a capfull of organic apple cider vineger. This leeches the calcium out of the bones. Bring to the boil and simmer for at least half an hour.

Meanwhile, peel the vege and cut into 1cm dice. I threw the peels into the stock along with the end of the celery you don't use and some of the celery leaves to give it more flavour and nutrients. I also added the magic dust from this site as it's an amazingly tasty seasoning.

https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345941-the-magic-dust

Finely slice the parsley stalks and the bacon. Fry bacon in pan over med heat until golden and crispy. Set aside, leaving pan on the heat. Add your vege and parsley stalks to pan of bacon fat and cook for approx 25 mins until soft, stirring regularly.

Pour the stock through a sieve into the vegie pan. Add the corn and leftover chicken, then bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Use a stick blender or processor to blitz a quarter or more of the soup until smooth. Return back to pan, leaving the rest chunky.

Remove from heat and add the cream and season to taste. Serve topped with crumbled bacon and parsley leaves. Delicious dunking my savoury muffins into this

https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/353654-heidis-savoury-muffins

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..looks like a winner there Liz..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..it smells awful good in here....MMMmmmmm
Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon