• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 10:54:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

Monday Monday....

Started by Mugwump, November 18, 2019, 05:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Gotta get those water changes done this morning. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 18, 2019, 05:36:28 AM
Gotta get those water changes done this morning. huh

...need to do some here too.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Done yesterday...today I start the daily fertilization regime again...

I guess I'll go to the Monday morning meeting today and see what's going on in the park....nah....someone will fill me in...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...been a dreary and dank day here today....dble blah.... 2c2
Jon

wsantia1

Did my water changes, cleaned up a flood from an overflow of the 150. Caught it right away before it caused a major headache. I also had an issue with cloudy water that had me concerned but it didn't turn out ti be anything. I did have to run the diatom on a couple of tanks though.

I also identified a pair platinum angels that I have been trying to spawn as a female pair. Yep, one female spawned on Thursday and the eggs were all white and eaten up by Saturday. While I was doing the water changes the other fish in the tank started laying eggs while the previously identified female started eating the eggs. She eventually stopped eating them and now they are just guarding the eggs.

I will leave the lights in that tank on tonight just in case I am wrong. At the moment I see only two white eggs but by morning they should all be white as has been the case or they will all have been eaten.

Pretty busy day down there in the fishroom.  huh
Willie

Mugwump

..Aaaah...the old overflow the tank trick  |^|...I know it well...LOL......thankfully they are rare tho.. |^|

..thank heavens for wet/dry vacs  :D :D :D :D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 18, 2019, 06:07:10 PM
..Aaaah...the old overflow the tank trick  |^|...I know it well...LOL......thankfully they are rare tho.. |^|

..thank heavens for wet/dry vacs  :D :D :D :D

Yep. That came into play. lol
Willie