• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:13:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

Monday things

Started by Mugwump, November 11, 2019, 04:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....oh how I remember getting up to go back to work after the pleasant weekend ended....shoveling the snow, clearing the walks, etc....tossing the salt down...

..but now ?....LOL screw it !....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 11, 2019, 04:41:45 AM
....oh how I remember getting up to go back to work after the pleasant weekend ended....shoveling the snow, clearing the walks, etc....tossing the salt down...

+1 lol  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...the very windy snow continues....temps have now dropped into the teens....we're watching folks slide around like hell out there....crazy....only seen a plow omce or twice?...road salt is futile in these conditions.....it's pretty to see but nasty to be out in.....even da Sass did her business and made a run back inside  :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 11, 2019, 04:41:45 AM

LOL...LOL...LOL... :P :P :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Agenda for the day...

Get out of this chair at my computer...

Get my cereal...

10AM go to clubhouse and prepare to serve the Vets burgers and dogs..(we're a non-Vet group that does this every year)...Wish you guys were here...

Sometime  after that, meet the realtor and make a counter to the offer on the rental we got offer on yesterday...

After that clean and straighten up the deck for my PokerPals to play poker at 6:30...(Started 2 weeks ago...we play nickles and dimes and I'm learning....and losing about $3.00 a week huh...may have to quit the game...I got a new home to pay for now!!! 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 11, 2019, 09:39:33 AM
Agenda for the day...

Get my cereal...

10AM go to clubhouse and prepare to serve the Vets burgers and dogs..(we're a non-Vet group that does this every year)...Wish you guys were here...

Sometime  after that, meet the realtor and make a counter to the offer on the rental we got offer on yesterday...

After that clean and straighten up the deck for my PokerPals to play poker at 6:30...(Started 2 weeks ago...we play nickles and dimes and I'm learning....and losing about $3.00 a week huh...may have to quit the game...I got a new home to pay for now!!! 8)

...When's the move?.....got pics of the place yet?.. :)
Jon

Mugwump

.... |brr|...but the driveway and walks are cleared now.... :).....da temps be falling now as the skies clear.....this will be our first deep cold of the season...

...no worries....I covered the basement windows up(fish room) that weren't already covered in plastic shrink wrap...that helps immensely downstairs... |^|
Jon

waterboy

I just closed a basement window. About 1000 gallons of 78 degree water keep it pretty warm down there.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on November 11, 2019, 12:31:42 PM
I just closed a basement window. About 1000 gallons of 78 degree water keep it pretty warm down there.

..yup..sure does....we have a larger dble window at one end of the basement that needs replacing...it's an old single pane that radiates heat/cold depending on the season....summers we can open it up, but winter means it needs to be covered well.....I have the new(used) window over at #2's house but just didn't get it in yet...the fall weather didn't cooperate  huh...if we get a bit of a warm up tho..it'll go in and solve the issue... |^|....any unnecessary cold makes those heaters $$$ run more than needed..
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 11, 2019, 09:58:39 AM
Agenda for the day...

Get my cereal...

I think this will get you to the website...]http://thesman.com/uploads/Nighttime_City_Location_Page_2.jpg...Our property is #236...We're not paying the full price offer tho...
I'll have to transfer interior pics from my phone to computer to upload...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

We're hearing here that  1000 flights have been cancelled out of O'Hara...some s--t weather I reckon... wfwf wfwf wfwf
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

It is currently a sunny 72 degrees outside. These temps will crash in a few hours and then we may actually get some snow by tomorrow morning.  huh

I'm going to the monthly meeting of the First State Aquarium Society later this evening. This group has been around for many years and survived through dwindling membership.

In the 4 years since I've joined, the membership has skyrocketed and it is once again a thriving club. It should be a fun night.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 11, 2019, 02:00:38 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 11, 2019, 09:58:39 AM
Agenda for the day...

Get my cereal...

I think this will get you to the website...]http://thesman.com/uploads/Nighttime_City_Location_Page_2.jpg...Our property is #236...We're not paying the full price offer tho...
I'll have to transfer interior pics from my phone to computer to upload...

..no sir....I can adjust the link and get a night shot of some town?...that's it.... huh
Jon