• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:45:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 159
Total: 159

Veteran's Day

Started by Mugwump, November 11, 2019, 04:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Armistice Day is commemorated every year on November 11 to mark the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany at Compiègne, France, for the cessation of hostilities on the Western Front of World War I, which took effect at eleven o'clock in the morning—the "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918. The date was declared a national holiday in many allied nations, and coincides with Remembrance Day and Veterans Day.

Thank you Veterans,,,

Welcome home !
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Not having served due to a 4F classification,I'm deeply grateful to all you veterans who have defended our country through peacetime and wartime... Thank you for your part to allow our country to continue to grow and prosper in a state of freedom!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Thank you veterans from Bill and I, USAF veterans.  Bill served 1958-78.  I served 1970-73;
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on November 11, 2019, 06:40:37 PM
Thank you veterans from Bill and I, USAF veterans.  Bill served 1958-78.  I served 1970-73;
Barb
|^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron