• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 05:44:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 142
Total: 143

Thursday....;-)

Started by Mugwump, November 07, 2019, 04:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..a cold day for us here today.....but...it's that time of year.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Our coldest day this fall with temps around 37, but sun later this afternoon.  Should make for great walking weather.

I'm now officially out of the "Computer Consulting" business saying goodbye to my last customer on October 31st.  Now to clean-up my server and purge out 30 years of programming projects and customer data....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 07, 2019, 07:06:38 AM
Our coldest day this fall with temps around 37, but sun later this afternoon.  Should make for great walking weather.

I'm now officially out of the "Computer Consulting" business saying goodbye to my last customer on October 31st.  Now to clean-up my server and purge out 30 years of programming projects and customer data....

Dennis

...I'll bet there's some interesting stuff on that drive(s)....... huh....now back to fish? :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on November 07, 2019, 07:13:37 AM
...I'll bet there's some interesting stuff on that drive(s)....... huh....now back to fish? :)

I'm hopeful I'll get back to fish, but not just yet.  I just don't have the spark.  Seems like every time I think I'm going to turn the corner something else bad happens.  I think I can see a faint light at the end of the tunnel though.

I'll give you a shout when I get the urge.  I'm thinking I'll setup a big tank with a pair of wild-type angels.  Would love to watch a pair in a display tank raise a batch of fry.  No doubt I could get lost watching them.....  It's been many years since I've kept angels.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 07, 2019, 07:21:42 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 07, 2019, 07:13:37 AM

I'm hopeful I'll get back to fish, but not just yet.  I just don't have the spark.  Seems like every time I think I'm going to turn the corner something else bad happens.  I think I can see a faint light at the end of the tunnel though.

I'll give you a shout when I get the urge.  I'm thinking I'll setup a big tank with a pair of wild-type angels.  Would love to watch a pair in a display tank raise a batch of fry.  No doubt I could get lost watching them.....  It's been many years since I've kept angels.

Dennis
...How about danios, etc.....?....Bn's, cory's... huh.....is your fish room pretty much still set up?.....barrels?....yada yada
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on November 07, 2019, 07:34:53 AM
...How about danios, etc.....?....Bn's, cory's... huh.....is your fish room pretty much still set up?.....barrels?....yada yada

Fish room is still there, but just empty tanks.  Just the two turtles out there.  Got a 75 in the living room with everything else.  After 4 years of no spawning, and giving fish away, that's not to much.  Rain water collection is still setup, but it just overflows into the yard.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 07, 2019, 08:26:22 AM

Fish room is still there, but just empty tanks.  Just the two turtles out there.  Got a 75 in the living room with everything else.  After 4 years of no spawning, and giving fish away, that's not to much.  Rain water collection is still setup, but it just overflows into the yard.

Dennis

...when..if you decide to get some things going there....let me know....I'm sure I can find something here to kick things off... :)
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 07, 2019, 08:57:03 AM

Dennis
I can send you plants....I've really enjoyed having one tank to maintain...however, every time I go to a club meeting and see the fish auctioned off, I get nostalgic for multiple tanks to house and breed different species...
...when..if you decide to get some things going there....let me know....I'm sure I can find something here to kick things off... :)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 07, 2019, 09:08:45 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 07, 2019, 08:57:03 AM

Dennis
I can send you plants....I've really enjoyed having one tank to maintain...however, every time I go to a club meeting and see the fish auctioned off, I get nostalgic for multiple tanks to house and breed different species...

.... :) |^| :)
Jon

BallAquatics

Thanks guys, you are the best!   ;)

Brrr...  just got back from a walk to the post office.  Just a bit chilly out there.  Rained a bit last night and the humidity with the cool temps cuts through you pretty good.  Still love my fall weather though.  Might be back out again this afternoon.

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 07, 2019, 10:00:54 AM
Thanks guys, you are the best!   ;)

Brrr...  just got back from a walk to the post office.  Just a bit chilly out there.  Rained a bit last night and the humidity with the cool temps cuts through you pretty good.  Still love my fall weather though.  Might be back out again this afternoon.

Dennis
|^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron